Monday, September 2, 2013

Sweet CornBread Muffins


Hey folks! I just finished a batch of these muffins and had to share the recipe!  Not too long ago I found a yummy recipe on Pinterest- I believe maybe Pioneer Woman first came up with the recipe- but I'm not 100% on that.
My girls didn't like cornbread, they thought that it was crumbly and they didn't like the cornmeal bits. I didn't make it much, even I wasn't too into eating it. But I tried this recipe and we all became cornbread lovers. I love that it's a basic recipe, but easily modified to add fruit.
Basic recipe-
2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
1 box yellow cake mix
all you do is follow the directions on the boxes. The cake mix added 3 eggs, 1/3 cup oil and 1 cup water.  The Jiffy mix adds 1 egg and 1/3 cup milk for each box.
I usually halve the recipe, which makes about 16 muffins. I bake them at 375 for about 16 minutes and they come out moist.
This time, I had some fresh blueberries left over so I dropped in about 10-12 blueberries to each muffin. They are so good!
thanks for dropping in!
kris

No comments: