Monday, September 2, 2013

Autumn Decor

Nov 4 2011

November Happy Autumn Decor

Posted by: Kristen Swain · Edit
Hello Circlets! Kristen here today with a beautiful ( and pretty quick) autumn frame. I found this simple standing frame on clearance at my local craft store. Even if you don’t have something just like it, don’t give up on re-creating a frame of your own. This frame can be easily duplicated using a shadowbox frame. They have become so popular, one should be easy to find at your local craft store. ( I also think my frame looks very much like a clock base- so perhaps you might find something similar around the clock aisle of your store.

To begin, I simply painted my plain frame. I used an Adirondack dabber, in a hazelnut color, I like the red tones it picks up against my design.
I also used a sponge and some Chocolate chip brown ink to ink the edges of my leaves and my flowers. It gives a beautiful touch and brings out the layering more in the flowers.
I cut my pumpkin out and layered both leaf and flower cuts at the top and bottom of the pumpkin. Then I added some pretty raffia, which reminds me of straw and is perfect for this time of year. I also added berry stems, I load up on these pretty stems once the stores start putting out the Christmas items. I find I use them year round. The berries/balls stay on well, and one large stem usually has 5 or more smaller stems on it, making a $1-2 stem really thrifty. I cut the stems apart to store them since they are usually on a large piece of sturdy wire.

You can see that I also covered the sides and back of my frame. This way I can display it anywhere and it will look beautiful with my other fall decor items.
I kept my frame outside on the simple side, only adding a small rick rack at the base of the frame. I didn’t want to add too much and distract from the pretty pumpkin on the inside.

I hope you have enjoyed my pumpkin frame today and that it gets you thinking of your own Fall decor items to create!


Cricut Expression 2 Electronic Cutting Machine
Gypsy Handheld Device
Designers Calendar
  • SHIFT  in sizes 1.82and 2.06 inches using patterned paper
  • SHIFT  in sizes 1,1.24,1.59,1.82 inches, cutting two of each size using gold and teal patterned paper
Damask Decor
  • TAG SHIFT cut at 4×6 inches, cut in orange cardstock
  • tag cut at 4×6 inches, cut in orange  patterned paper
Paper: We R Memory Keepers
Stems/Raffia/Buttons/Twine/Rick Rack: craft supply
Paint: Adirondack  (hazelnut)
Foam Tape: Glue Arts

No comments: