Monday, September 2, 2013

Skinny Snowman

Feb 4 2011

Weekly Challenge #19: Whatevah! Challenge

Posted by: Kristen Swain · Edit

Each week join us for “Challenge Friday” where we will announce a new creative challenge. We want you to feel inspired to use your supplies in new ways. Have fun with it! Check back often to see the beautiful entries from your Circle Friends . . . you are sure to leave with a desire to get cutting!

Weekly Challenge #19: Whatevah! Challenge

“Whatevah!” is a phrase a lot of parents of teens hear around their house on daily basis. We thought we’d take that phrase to heart for this next challenge. What we’d like you to do is use WHATEVAH shape you would like, but be sure to repeat it three times on your project. Project must also include spray ink and must be newly created for this challenge.
This challenge is open to Cricut Circle Members only. Submit your entry using the InLinkz tool found at the bottom of this post. Please post your full name along with your entry. You must submit a project to be entered into the drawing. Entries are due by 11:59 pm MST on Thursday, February 10th, 2011. This week the winner will receive $25 added to their Cricut.com account OR their choice of ONE of the following cartridges: All Sports, Campin’ Critters, Groovy Times, Life’s A Party, Imagine Nursery Tails, or Imagine Elise. Prize will be shipped within 4 to 6 weeks of Winner announcement.
******************************************************************************
Good morning Circlets! Kristen here and I hope you are having a fabulous week! I have the challenge this week, the Whatevah! Challenge to use three images of a single shape and spray misters on your project. I chose to do a layout of photos from last winter.
First, I printed out my cardstock colors and printed paper using Mr. Frosty and my Imagine.

Then I layered my teal pattern on top of some white cardstock, cutting off about 1/4 inch off one side of the top and bottom of the teal paper. I then layered on a piece of this light teal  in a block.
I then cut out my snowman, trees and border pieces in white. First I layered the white snowflakes over the white scallop border.  I used Sky Blue Tattered Angels mist to spritz over the snowflakes, coloring the snowflakes light blue, and also giving a pattern to my border.
I also sprayed my trees with Key Lime Pie and let them all dry. When dry, I spritz a little hairspray over all the pieces to keep the shimmer powder on the sprayed pieces.

After cutting out the green trees and border, I embossed the tree with the D’Vine Swirl Embossing folder.
I started attaching pieces to my layout, adding my photos, the two borders and the trees- popping up some of the trees with foam tape. I took the pieces I cut for the snowman, and instead of cutting them with colors, I cut them on white, and colored the pieces with my Sharpie Markers. I glued all the pieces together and double foam taped the snowman up.
I added some embellishments with buttons tied with twine bows, and then added my journaling. To finish the layout I placed some of those blue snowflakes on the top and bottom of the layout, adding glitter glue to them and a single lime pearl to their centers.
I cut my title using Gypsy and the Cake Basics font and adjusted the Kern to make the letters touch, then welded the letters together, cut them and glued them at the top.

To recap- our challenge this week is to use a shape 3 times on your layout ( did that with both snowflakes and trees) and to use spray mist ( blue and green used!) Hope you have lots of fun creating for this challenge!

***DOWNLOAD Kristen Swain’s Snowman Layout Gypsy File HERE***
Cricut Expression
Cuts-
Accent Essentials-
cut 2x – 1.39 inches
Winter Lace-
1.53 inches
1.64 inches
2.16 inches
Gypsy Wanderings
3.47, 5.0 (cut 2), 6.41 inches
Winter Frolic-
shift, layer, layer shift- 3.35 inches
Martha Stewart All Occasion Cake Art-
1.36 inches
Imagine
Mr. Frosty Cartridge
papers- Teal print, lime green, light teal, dark teal
Cuttlebug
D’Vine Swirls
Gypsy
Other Supplies- Foam Tape- Glue Arts, buttons/twine-craft supply, Spray Mist- Tattered Angels, American Crafts - White cardstock, pearls- Kaisercraft, markers- sharpie, glitter glue- Studio G.

No comments: