Monday, September 2, 2013

Life is Bliss

Hi! Kristen here with my take on the THINK PINK Challenge! I used two different layers of scallops, plus glitter and pink!

First, I cut out the bracket piece from the background off this Cosmo Cricket Pixie-licious paper, then trimmed one part off the side, keeping both pieces.  I  cut out the three borders, two scallop and one latticework using the Elegant Cakes Cartridge, I added them to my bracket piece and trimmed the edges.

Using the Cindy Loo cartridge, I cut out the mushrooms in purple dot and cardstocks matching the paper collection. I pieced them together, adding glitter to the spots  and allowed them to dry overnight. In the morning, I ran the mushrooms through my Cuttlebug with the Polka Dots embossing folder.

I cut my paper into a large green block, then added my photos to an orange block and added them to my layout. I cut the green dot paper with the Martha Stewart All Occasion cakes cartridge. First I popped the mushrooms up with foam tabs, then added them to my layout. I cut two pieces from the grass cut border, and adhered them to the mushrooms.

I cut out this phrase from the cutouts paper, making it into a banner, adding a large toothpick to the backside and sticking the end underneath my photo block, I also foam tabbed the banner to stick up.
I then cut my title out from Cindy Loo and adhered that to the top of the layout, typing and printing my journaling out on a scrap of cardstock and tucking it sideways along the edge of my photo block.
To finish, I added twine to matching buttons, and adhered them to the banner and two mushrooms, and I also added on a couple chipboard butterflies from the Cosmo Cricket chipboard sticker sheet.
I hope you noticed that I used my Cricut Cake Cartridges in 3 layers plus cut another with the grass border that I trimmed into my own sizes.

Cricut Elegant Cakes Cartridge
phrase – ( fit to page)
phrase- (fit to page)
- Champagne Toast- ( fit to page)
Cricut Expression
Cricut Cindy Loo Cartridge
2 inches , 2 1/2 inches, 3 inches
2 inches, 2 1/2 inches, 3 inches
layer – 2 inches, 2 1/2 inches, 3 inches
font 3/4 inches, font 3/4 inches, font 3/4 inches, font 3/4 inches
font- 2 inches
font- 1 3/4 inches
font 1 3/4 inches
layer- 2 inches, 2 1/2 inches, 3 inches
Cricut Martha Stewart Crafts All Occasion Cake Art Cartridge
7 3/4
Cuttlebug Machine
Polka Dots Emboss Folder
Other Supplies-
Cosmo Cricket Pixielicious kit
Buttons/twine/glitter- craft supplies
thanks for taking a look today! I hope you will join in on this challenge!

No comments: