Monday, September 2, 2013

Recipe Challenge

Oct 7 2011

BLOGIVERSARY: Recipe Challenge!

Posted by: Kristen Swain · Edit
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Hello Circlets! Kristen here today with a fun Recipe challenge for you! I have created a layout for you today, so that you can play along with the three recipe ingredients that we’ll be adding to your project.
Your project can be any type, as long as you incorporate these three things.
1) A title.. sounds pretty easy? I love cards to have a greeting on the outside, mini albums and layouts need titles, so hopefully this is going to be easy peasy.
2) At least 2 Cricut Cuts.  Yes, two different ones, or two layers, but not two of the same exact cut.
3. At least 3 buttons. I am a button fanatic, I cannot ( will not- nunh-uh) create without them. I keep a huge stash in a bead box, all separated by color, and I keep it close at hand when I am creating. So three, it’s a nice number.
So are you with me? Will you create something this week that will be fantastic and play along?

For my layout I created a lot of dimension with layers, inking, sewing and distressing. I added a circle with scalloped mat to ground my pumpkin grouping, but this could have been left off, since I had a lot of items in this grouping. I love my fall colors I have chosen, brown, green, oranges, yellow, cream and even a touch of teal to offset the colors.
This layout  has two 4×6 photo mats, but you could stick three or more photos on by just sticking them on the front of the mats. I also added two office tags for journaling, or to be left blank, depending on how much you might have to journal.
I love the inking shading, it really added a lot to this layout. I simply used a makeup sponge dipped in my ink pad and then rubbed on the edges of the cuts. For my leaves, I folded the leaf in from the points at three places, used my bone folder for a nice hard crease, then just rubbed the ink over the leaf to catch the creased edge and highlight the folds.





Cricut Expression
Gypsy Handheld Device
Cindy Loo-
  • Title- Pumpkin Patch  at 1.82 inches in orange cardstock
Accent Essentials-
  • circle- SHIFT,SHADOW cut half circle ( off the page for size) at 5.71 inches in teal cardstock
  • Circle- SHIFT, SHADOW cut in kraft cardstock at 4.18 inches
Cricut Classic Font-
  • leaf border- cut 6 times ( weld together with Gypsy) at 1.47 inches ( flip every other one over) in medium orange cardstock
  • Circle border- cut5 times ( weld together with Gypsy) at 1 inch in teal cardstock
Create a Critter
  • Maple leaf- cut at 1.71 (3 times) and 1.24  ( 4 times) in dark orange cardstock
Best Images of 2009
  • Scalloped circle- SHIFT, LAYER2 cut in teal cardstock at 4.29 inches
  • Pumpkin- cut in orange and green cardstock ( cut off stem and vines and layer together) at 7.44,  4.97,   4.03 inches.
Sophie
SHIFT- cut in yellow cardstock at 1.5,  1.25,  1,  .75 inches.
Cardstock: American Crafts and Bobunny
Ink: Andirondack
Sewing machine
Distressing Tool: Heidi Swapp
Buttons/twine: craft supply
Tags/staples: Office supply
Foam tape: Glue Arts

No comments: