Monday, September 2, 2013

Puppy Layout

Mar 25 2011

Weekly Challenge #26: Just Because Challenge

Posted by: Kristen Swain · Edit
Hello Circlets! Today is Challenge Friday, where we have a fun new challenge for you. Today is all about scrapping your everyday! If you don’t want to scrapbook, you can also create a “Just Because” card. As I was thinking about this challenge, and what I wanted to create, I thought about our pets. I don’t often scrap our pets, they are just such a fixture, but I do realize that it’s important to show just how much a part of our lives they are. So my layout is all about our dog, Casey. Unfortunately Casey passed away in August last year, and she left such a big space in my heart I haven’t worked up the nerve yet to replace her, but this layout could easily be changed to fit your family pets: dogs, cats, fish, reptiles, or furry creatures of any sort, Cricut has so many sweet animals in Cartridges that it wouldn’t be hard to replace the dog and dog bowls with a hamster cage, or habitat, birdcage, or maybe a scratching post.

I created a double page layout today. Using a mix of Pink Paislee Soiree and HomeTown Summer collections, I added in some American Crafts cardstock and began creating.
First, I cut out my doghouse and dog, then I added the large apple tree ( with no apples) and I began to layout my design.  I cut out the patterned papers in pink and multi-diamond, then I cut out my larger grass border. I layered them on some black cardstock and placed the two background cardstocks next to each other and lined up both sides of the layout.

Because the papers were so busy with my doghouse images, I added a block of yellow paper, then separated the block from the photo spots by adding in a punched border. I added a small grass border at the bottom and then layered on my doghouse, dog and tree. The tree looked best far to the side, so I trimmed off the overhang.
From there I added my photos to the layout, then typed my journaling and cut that out, and adhered it to the side of the photos.

Since I was working with the doghouse and tree, I wanted to add a sun and some clouds. So I cut those out, using graph print for the clouds and yellow print for the sun. I felt like I was missing something over in the bottom right corner of the layout, so I found this dog water and food bowl image, and layered in a few bones as well.
Then I found my letterings, and used my gypsy to overlap and weld the letters together. ( this is one of my most favorite things to do with my Gypsy- making custom wording!) I then cut the title out, and placed it on my layout. It was still missing a little something. So I found a heart and cut out three of them in different sizes. I added one to the back of OF in my title. I added one to the large plain treetop, and I added one to my clouds in the sky.
From there I detailed some of the images with chalk and a white paint pen.

You can see with the dog image that I popped the brown dog up with some foam tape.  And I added a button and twine to my heart in the tree.

I also popped up the water and food bowl cut, then two of the small bones.
I hope you try this challenge this week, and that you take the time to add your beloved pets to your scrapbook pages.


***DOWNLOAD Kristen Swain’s Trees GYPSY FILE Here***
Cricut Expression
Cricut Gypsy Device
Papers- Pink Paislee Soiree and Hometown Summer
American Crafts Cardstock
Nate’s ABC’s Cartridge- Dog and Doghouse
Cuts- cut base, base shift, layer 1, layer 2-s>  cut at 6.18 inches
Stretch Your Imagination- Tree
cut 7.71 inches
cut 7.71 inches
Chore Chart- Food bowls
cut  cut at 3.71 inches
cut icon cut at 3.71 inches
PopUp Neighborhood- Sun and Clouds, grass border
cut 2.01 inches (cut 3x)
cut 1.14 inches
cut 2.64 inches
cut 1.70,2.05,2.28,2.75 inches
A Child’s Year- Bone
cuts – icon-0.76 inches (cut 3x)
Baby Steps – Title ( of Casey)
cut OF at 1 inch
cut Casey at1.88 inches
Birthday Bash- Memories
Memories -cut at .90 inches
Martha Stewart All Occasions Cake Art- Heart
cut at 1.51,1.16,.92 inches
chalks- Pebbles
Foam Tape- Glue Arts
White paint pen- Pentel
button- Doodlebug
twine

No comments: