Monday, September 2, 2013

Goulash

GOULASH *Shiver* Doesn't that food name send a shiver up your spine? oh So CREEPY! GHOUL-ASH!!! Hey make this for Halloween, it's a great recipe to make for a night trick or treating!
hey I'm always up for a new recipe. And I like the flavors of this dish, you can use ground beef ( you know you forgot to pull out something for dinner and you have a block of frozen ground beef- NOT SPAGHETTI AGAIN!!!! your kids groan) and I added in some of my own touches.  I originally Pinned this from Bobby's Recipe. from Paula Deen.
Here's a pic- cause we begin to eat with our eyes. I used some extra mac&cheese noodles I had around, I suggest you use elbows, cause these were kinda flavorless. ( even with salting the boil water)

Reading the comments on Bobby's recipe, everyone exclaimed that it's TOO SALTY. wow,getting happy with the caps lock today. After I read through it I decided it sounded better to me to create with half ground beef, half italian sausage.
yeah, I'm a real rebel. use ground turkey, if you want to make it more low fat. I use 93% ground beef, so mine is pretty lean anyway.
My recipe- cause I changed it up a bit is as follows.
1.5 lbs ground beef
1lb italian sausage- casing removed
brown the meats in a roomy pot. spoon of any large amounts of fat.
add about 2 cups water, then add about 2 cups onion, 2 cups red,orange,yellow peppers, 2 large tablespoons garlic, 2 tablespoons chopped garlic, 1 cup of ketchup and 1 can tomatoes ( I used basil and garlic added tomatoes)
let it simmer until the flavors blend and the onions and peppers are soft.  when you are ready to serve, cook about 2 cups of elbow macaroni in salted boiling water and serve. I mixed my noodles with the meat sauce, but I think I'd serve them on the side next time.

No comments: