Monday, September 2, 2013

Hoppy Easter

Mar 27 2012

Hoppy Easter

Posted by: Kristen Swain · Edit
Hello Circlets! I’m sharing a sweet Easter card with you today.
One of my favorite things about the Cricut is creating scenes with a mixture of cartridge cuts. I love the search feature in Cricut Craft Room, just type in what you are looking for and it will find what you want, so you can chose the cut you want.
For this Easter card, I knew I wanted a jumbo sized basket, with a little grass at the top of the basket, some bright little eggs and a bunny in the front.

I first cut my card to a square shape, then I cut a piece of pink paper and added it, stitching several times around the outside edge.

Next, I cut and embossed the basket. I used foam tape behind the basket to lift it off my card base. I also added the easter grass to the basket. When I cut out my little eggs, I cheated a little.  I cut them in white, then used markers to color them. While I was coloring them, I used the color to add some stripes and wiggles to the eggs to make them seem decorated.
Once I added the basket to the card, I  added a bit of ric rac across the top. I also then cut out my bunnies and chalked them first, then glittered them and added the twine bows and pompom tails.

Before I put the bunnies on the card, I added a second grass piece at the bottom of the basket. I also tied a ribbon with some twine and a button and topped the basket with it. I opted not to put a greeting on this card, but you could easily add one to the button and bow as a tag.
Hoppy Easter to you!


Designed By: Kristen Swain
Cricut Machines Used: Cricut Expression Machine, Cricut Craft Room, Cuttlebug
Cricut Cartridges Used: Doodlecharms, Easter 2010 – Digital, Martha Stewart Birthday Cake Art, Happy Easter (Cricut Craft Room Exclusive)
Other Supplies: Cuttlebug Wicker Weave Embossing Folder, Cardstock (kraft, green, white), Designer Paper, Twine (The Twinery), Glitter, Button, Foam Tape (Glue Arts), Adhesives

No comments: