Monday, September 2, 2013

Summer Layout

Hiya Circlets! Kristen here with a fun challenge for you. With this challenge I knew I’d want to make some kind of scene, and was hoping that I could create a scene that spread across my page. While I could have created a pool scene, I wanted the theme to be more of a relaxation theme, with a chair and umbrella and some little flowers in the grass.

I found some cute pics of my girls in the pool and knew they were perfect for kicking off the summer.  I love suns mixed with clouds on a page, but I’ve done that. I wanted something colorful to add in as well and thought a rainbow would be perfect. I love that I tucked the end of the rainbow behind my main photo, it draws your eye down the layout.

I also added in the word SUMMER to my title, creating a whole phrase. One trick I used, since I wanted my word Summer to pop up a bit, and to be honest, when it comes to super thin letters I don’t like to cut my foam tape. So instead I cut the title out three times, then layered them together, creating a dimensional look without the teeny tiny strips of foam tape. I also popped up the umbrella over the Adirondack chair so that my scene was a bit more dimensional.

After I layered my photos, I also cut and added a strip of grass to the bottom of the page. Then cut some small red flowers to add on to the grass. I love the pop of color the red gives and it helps move your eye around the layout with the rule of threes.
Lastly, I printed out my journaling, popped it up with foam tape and added a couple gems.
I love that I created a scene throughout the layout- the rainbow,sun and clouds at the top, the umbrella and chair to the side and the grass and flowers to the bottom of the layout.
Good luck and hope you have some fun creating your challenge layout!!


Designed by: Kristen Swain
Cricut Machines & Tools Used: Cricut Expression Electronic Cutting Machine, Cricut Craft Room
Cricut Cartridges Used: All Mixed Up (Digital), Life is a Beach, Kate’s ABC’s, Wild Card 2, Noah’s ABC’s, Everyday Paper Dolls
Other Supplies Used: Cardstock (DCWV, American Crafts), Patterned Paper (My Little Shoebox, Pebbles Inc.), Gems, Buttons, Foam Tape, Hole Punch, Computer & Printer (Font: Century Gothic), Twine

No comments: