Monday, September 2, 2013

Gorgeous Rich Colors

hey you! thanks for coming by today. I am sooo excited to share my creations with you today. Hey- I even took tutorial photos, which I dislike doing sooo much, so you know I really am excited and want to show you how to create this gorgeous look.
Isn't this beautiful? Sorry my photos aren't great, it's super dark today with the rain we are getting.

I used Alcohol Inks, acetate, Staz-On, some pretty stamps and glitter paper to make this. Do you have those items? Hopefully you do.
I don't think colors are that important for names- because you can use what you'd like or have, but I used Wild Plum, Mountain Rose, Sunshine and Stream for my colors on this card.
Here's how. I use packaging acetate- I got a huge sheet from some Cricut Cuttlebug plates and trimmed off the edges.
Stamp your image with Staz-on on the acetate. FLIP OVER and use the back for your inks, or they will take off some of the design.

Decide your colors- this is my second card you will see soon.  Then drop ink onto acetate.

Use a makeup sponge or cotton square to dab the colors in the same color group- yellow first, then orange. Use a second square to dab the greens.

You have basically covered the acetate all over. Now you can add color with intensity.

As you drop colors onto the acetate, they will form puddles with wavy crinkled edges, I love that. You can drop as much color on as you want, but don't go too dark or your stamped image will be hard to see.

Now let it dry.  And trim into straight edges with a cutter. I then use Glue Arts Extreme adhesive squares at each corner to hold the back onto some glitter paper. Reminisce made mine, I'm sure you can find it by other manufacturers. Or make your own by adding spray adhesive to cardstock and glitter the whole thing.
As I was creating the card, I wanted more dimension. So I stamped the butterfly again, let it dry and cut it out, gently folded the wings up and attached it over my stamped piece.

Now I'm sorry that my tutorial is not for that card, but here is the card I did make using my tutorial piece.

Here is a close up
The colors I used for this card are Butterscotch, Sunshine, Oregano, and Red Pepper

Both cards I used black cardstock to back my pieces, then I layered them on cardboard. I wrapped the top one with twine and a button and the bottom uses Anna Griffin ribbon and button. The stamps are from Inkadinkado  ( bfly and stem) and Hero Arts ( Poppy). The greetings are both stickers from SRM Press.
thanks for stopping in, I hope you are excited to try this, the colors are so vibrant and the glitter just makes it all the more special!

No comments: