Monday, September 2, 2013

Another Pin Cushion

I have some amazing friends- seriously- people who inspire me with every project they create.  My friend Linda from the Glue Arts blog created this Dress Form
and I fell seriously deeply in love.
I had to create one myself. And I loved it too.

I stuffed a Maya Road dress form. Then I had hubby drill a hole in a block for me,inserted a dowel and I painted them white, distressed with brown, then topped with a pearl white.
I hot glued her to the stick, so she'd stay on.

then I gave her a tulle skirt, finishing the bottom with lace and velvet ribbon. I glued her skirt into place- it was too poofy for me.
I tied her a sash at the waist with that tan ribbon. And I gave her a flower decoration with a pattern flower, and some small velvet flowers. I gave her a pretty pearl necklace too.
I dressed up her base too. Everyone wants something pretty on their feet. I added more flowers and another ribbon with a button.

And to finish her, I stuck pins in her. HA!  but that is what she is for!
I sent this to my aunt as a gift- she is a wonderful seamstress and she just loved it.
see you soon!

No comments: