Monday, September 2, 2013

Father's Dat Gifting

Jun 9 2011

A quick Father’s Day gift

Posted by: Kristen Swain · Edit

Hello Circlets! Kristen here with a quick last minute gift for the Dad in your life.
Now, in our family we don’t celebrate with big gifts on Mother’s or Father’s Day.  Small gifts are just fine – even better if they are a fun or thoughtful gift – something that has some meaning to them.   I bought these Honey Roasted Peanuts for my youngest daughter, Annalise, to give to her daddy.  She and my hubby both enjoy Monster trucks and they both love these nuts.  It’s one of those things that they bond over, so I thought these would be a great gift.

This set can be put together in just about an hour,  making it a great last minute set!

I searched through my cartridges and found this great Father’s Day Cartridge that had the perfect images on it.  For the card I cut a piece of this great silver metallic mirror paper and ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Diamond Plate Folder.  Then I tore strips of kraft and brown cardstock and layered them on the bottom part of the card.

Next I cut my Happy Father’s Day title. One of the great things about these cuts are that you can layer behind them. I layered a strip of blue cardstock behind the word Father’s, then attached the shadow cut with patterned paper.
I did the same thing on the truck, adding gray cardstock to the tires, and silver cardstock to the windshield and front grill on the truck. When I layered the truck on my card, I stuck the tires behind the torn kraft cardstock to make it look like it was sitting in the dirt. I also added a little bit of foam tape just to the top of the truck, so that it has dimension but still sits in the dirt.

For the jar, I added a large strip of blue paper to cover the sticker label, then I added a smaller plaid strip over that middle of that blue paper.  When I went to place my title, it was flat, so I used my hands and gently pulled and bent the paper a little, while going through my fingers ( you could also use the edge of a table and gently curve the paper that way. This helped me to adhere the title to the jar better and it doesn’t stick out on the sides. Just be careful not to crease your paper. I also did this with my small monster truck.
Add an Image
For the lid, I ran more of the mirror paper through theCuttlebug using the Diamond Plate Folder, and then simply cut a circle using my lid for the sizing ( I just traced the lid and cut it out) and a thin strip for around the sides. Put together they cover the lid beautifully!
For the finishing touches I added matching buttons to the card and the jar, tied with a bit of twine.
I hope this inspires you to personalize something for the wonderful man in your life!


Cricut Expression
Cuttlebug Embossing Machine
Father’s Day Seasonal Cartridge
Paper/Mirror Paper- Teresa Collins On the edge collection
Adhesive- Glue Arts
Cardstock- American Crafts
Buttons/Twine- craft supply
Cuts Info-
Happy Father’s Day plaque-  cut at 3.25 using black cardstock
Happy Father’s Day shadow- cut at 3.25 using gray/blue patterned paper
Best Dad Ever plaque- cut at 4 inches using black cardstock
Best Dad Ever plaque- cut at 4.25  inches using gray/blue patterned paper
Monster Truck- cut at 2.75 and 5 inches using black cardstock
Monster Truck layer- cut at 2.75 and 5 inches using gray/blue patterned pa

No comments: