Monday, August 18, 2008

multiple use

I always advocate using those scraps - after doing a layout, or project, don't just save those things and never use them.
I used to do that- then it would become a huge amount of papers overflowing my drawer, I'd give them to the kids' school or just to the girls to play around with.
THEN - I got into making cards. Always thought I stunk at making them, that my cards always seemed so unoriginal. But now- I like what I make. And I always have a quick grab card for whatever need arises.

All four of these projects were made with scraps of the same papers- some were large scraps- but that is just better - since it would have just sat there and gotten wrinkled up in my scraps drawer anyway.
The cardstock in Summer- summertime- is Prism. the paper and stickers are Bobunny. I used an exacto to cut the larger letters out- then cut the banner piece out from another sticker as well. The sun was already attached- all I did was cut it out and accent it with a clear yellow button and twine.

Summer Treats- again- cut out elements from stickers- make things your own- just b/c a company makes something a certain way- if it doesn't fit your style and you can alter it to suit you- go for it. Cut out the melons from more stickers, again, accenting with a button.

Home Sweet Home- same papers, I added a rubon to some patterned paper, added stickles to a chipboard bracket- and folded a flower in half.
gee- look- a button- are you suprised?
BAHAHA!
ribbon/rubon/bracket are Bobunny as well- flower is Making Memories.

Last, but not least, is my favorite from what I made today. A gift set. Card and small package.
A pillow box from Daisy D's I covered over.

I cut out and rolled some of the flowers for dimension , threw in some buttons, stickle glittered a Scenic Route chipboard birdie and added some Bobunny Rubons.
tfl!
kris

No comments: