Monday, September 2, 2013

Thanksgiving set

Nov 18 2010

Hostess Gift set

Posted by: Kristen Swain · Edit


Hello! Kristen here today with a hostess or host gift set.  This year my sister is hosting our Thanksgiving. Along with bringing some menu items, I thought I would bring this nice gift set along with us, to truly thank her for including us at her holiday table.   You could add more items, perhaps make a matching gift bag to carry the wrapped bread, or certainly take away items, if you wouldn’t include a wine gift, although my ‘wine’ is actually sparkling apple cider.  Or if you don’t have time to bake a quick bread.
I have taken cardstock, some patterned papers, images cut from both with the Cricut Expression and the Cricut Imagine,  a few buttons,  some inked lace and buttons to decorate these gift items. This week with our theme being Heritage, I thought I would use some vintage looking papers and prints on my project. That is why I chose the beautiful shabby look of the images and papers from the Imagine More cartridge.

You can see that I first wrapped the bread in plastic wrap, then I double wrapped it with a bit of tulle, and tied each side with a bit of twine.
I then wrapped the loaf in cardstock, and decorated it with a large journal spot, some crumpled and embossed leaves, glitter, lace I sprayed with a brown spray mister and dried, a button and letter stickers.

You do not have to add a lot of decoration, but crumpling and embossing the leaves gives them a more textural feel and adds dimension as well. I adhered mine on with glue squares.

For the card, I used cardstock, a layer of yellow gingham I printed using my Imagine, some blue paper from The Girls’ Paperie cut with mini scallop scissors, a bracket cut using the Imagine with paper I printed from the Imagine as well. I layered on a white piece of cardstock I punched with a Martha Stewart border punch, then inked the edges and foam taped it for dimension.  I used a small bit of  The Girl’s Paperie music note paper and layered my sticker greetings.
Then I layered on my leaves, button, lace and a bit of twine. I also stitched around some of the card edges with my sewing machine.

As you can see, I layered onto my bottle as well, covering the boring label with my cardstock, then layering on a bracket cut from the Imagine. I also cut and layered the label piece with the Imagine, and added on my letter stickers,  then put a button with twine bow on either side. I added the crumpled, glittered leaves after I tied on my lace bow and button.

If you are traveling for your holiday meal, wouldn’t it be a beautiful gift for you to bring along?

Imagine Machine
Imagine More Cartridge
Cuts-
Floral Frame- Layered – 4.5 inches
Floral Frame- Solid- 4 inches
Imagine Machine cuts- Bracket- Cut at 4 inches and cut at 4.5 inches.
Printed Papers – Yellow Gingham, Music Note
Cricut Expression
Everyday Paper Doll-
Cuts-
Accessories 1- Cut at 6.5 and 7 inches.
Other Products-
Embossing Folders-Script and Polka Dots
Cardstock- American Crafts ( white and clay)
The Girl’s Paperie- Tinsel and Twig Paper, and Paper Girl
Punch- Martha Stewart – Lace Border
Twine, buttons, glitter, lace- Craft Supply
Spray Mister- Tattered Angels
Enjoy!

No comments: