Monday, September 2, 2013

Sweet Baby Cards

Jan 18 2011

Occasion Baby Cards

Posted by: Kristen Swain · Edit

Good morning Circlets!!It’s Kristen with some sweet baby cards.  We are celebrating baby girls this week, and I have a whole card set for you today! And you can use these images as a jumping point for creating other occasion cards as well.
Today I want to share some ways to add dimension to your project. I use a variety of techniques to add dimension I will  share with you.

Isn’t this a pretty set of cards? They coordinate with each other that you could certainly give them to a new mother as a gift,  or keep them for yourself to give away. Don’t forget, you can certainly switch the ideas out  and change these around to work for your card needs.
I have used my Gypsy to create a cut file, my Imagine to cut and print out images and papers, and my Expression to cut out some of the other pieces. I also have added in my own touches with The Girl’s Paperie patterned paper, stick on pearls, glitter glue, a faux stitching technique, buttons and twine bows, and using some deco scissors.

SHOWER CARD


For this card, I have trimmed a card blank to 5.75×5 inches. I then cut a piece of Paper Girl into a block. I layered a piece of Imagine printed paper ( pink flower) underneath and trimmed around the edge with my zigzag scissors.  I added another piece of Paper Girl,  and then did my faux stitching technique.
Faux stitching- I adore this technique and use it often. You can sew on your projects with thread, or without thread and then use a pen to ‘draw’ in your thread. Or you can do as I often do ( when I have gotten into layers and then decide I want stitching LOL!)  I use a long upholstery needle and an extra mouse pad underneath my card.  I punch holes in a uniform line ( you can draw this with a light pencil mark and ruler)  and I create my sewing look. When I am done making the holes in my paper, I ‘sew’ with a brown or black pen, to create the thread lines.
I then cut a scallop rectangle using white cardstock and the Imagine. (4.4 inches) I also added another layer of Paper Girl in a rectangle, and rounded the corners.  You can see I have lightly curled the edges of my cardstock scallops up, giving a touch of dimension to that layer.  Next, I cut out the layers of the baby dress using my Imagine and the Nursery Tails cart ( at 4 inches), and used the single layer without pocket.  ( You can backspace on your Imagine to only cut out the single layer) I layered the dress with some foam tape adhesive to pop it off the card. I also cut out the Baby Shower Greeting from Imagine printed paper ( pink flower paper) and the Wild Card Cart. And I cut out the single butterflies from the butterfly kisses image. (2.6 inches and  flip)  I layered the butterfly underneath the greeting, then added glitter glue to my greeting letters.

To decorate and finish the card, I added a button tied with a bow underneath, some adhesive pearls in light lime, and two sweet little baby clothespins.

Next up , this CONGRATS Card.
Again, I used my Imagine to create the green dot paper from the Nursery Tails Imagine Cart. I layered that behind my Paper Girl paper, adding it on a  5.5×5 card blank, and trimmed around the edges with my zigzag deco scissors. I then added a 4.25×4.75 inch piece of the Paper Girl line, and then added my faux sewing technique with a brown pen. I cut out two scallop circles with my Imagine, one with the green mushroom paper at 4.4 inches, and one with white cardstock at 4.2 inches, and layered them together. I then cut out the girl baby bib in layers on the Imagine ( cut at 4 inches). I layered two of the solid bibs together using foam tape, then layered on the insert with foam tape as well. I cut out my greeting using Nursery Rhyme Cart and adhered it to the front of the bib, and glitter glued the letters and the green mushroom paper showing around the white scallop circle.

CONGRATS CARD

To decorate the card, I added a pink button with twine bow, and a trio of white adhesive pearls.

Here you can see the dimension of the card layers, add or remove foam taper to customize for your dimensional preference.

Thank you!!  Isn’ t this a sweet card! Love those little deer!
For this card, I used a 5×7 card blank. I added a block of the Paper girl paper,  then added a strip down the middle, measuring 3.5 inches. I layered two scallop borders from the Martha Stewart All Occasion Cake Cart,  and then faux stitched down the middle of each side.

THANK YOU CARD

I printed the baby girl tag using my Imagine and the Nursery Tails cart,  in layers- only using the  background tag ( cut at 4 inches), the lined insert, and the small deer. I  printed a second deer  at 2.8 inches and flipped it, also using the butterfly I had already cut out when I cut them out for the Baby Shower card.I layered these images on my card using foam tape on the small deer and the large deer, along with the tag strung on a piece of sheer white ribbon. I tied a bow in the ribbon at the top of the tag, and added the button and twine in the center of the knot.   I cut the Thank You from the Martha Stewart All Occasion Cake Cart and layered in on the journaling spot on the tag, then added glitter glue to the letters.  I bent the butterfly wings in the center so that added a bit of dimension, and I only adhere the butterfly in the center, so that the wings are free to stick up a bit. I then finished the card with three pink pearls in the center of the butterfly.

You can see the dimension using the foam tape and even just bending the wings of the butterfly.

It’s a Girl announcement or congratulations card. I love that this could be used for either occasion. I used another card blank that is 5×7 inches. I then layered on this Imagine printer pink flower paper ( Nursey Tails)  that I cut with the Martha Stewart All Occasion Cake cart. I again, layered my 5×6 block of Paper Girl on the card, adding the scallops underneath and faux stitched again. I printed the green mushroom paper using the Imagine, and then cut out the bracket shape as well.  The larger green bracket is 5.2 inches and the smaller white bracket is 5 inches. I tied  on a piece of sheer white ribbon and tied a bow as well.
I printed out the It’s a Girl medallion on the Imagine ( 4 inches) cutting layers and using foam tape to adhere the medallion to the bracket shapes a little right of center, then added foam tape between the medallion and the lamb grass shape. I used a piece of cardstock scrap to adhere between the lamb and the lamb/grass piece.

IT’S A GIRL CARD


To decorate the card, I added glitter glue to the medallion around the scalloped edge, the grass and the butterfly. I  also added two green buttons with twine bows to the centers of the bracket piece. And finally, I added a trio of adhesive pearls to the left top of the baby medallion piece.

Here, again, you can see the different dimensions you can achieve with cardstock and foam tape.


***DOWNLOAD Kristen’s Baby Card Gypsy File HERE***
Cricut Gypsy
Cricut Imagine
Cricut Expression
The Girl’s Paperie- Paper Girl Collection
Nursery Tails
Prints and Cuts- Paper- Pink Flowers, Green Mushrooms, Light Green Dot
Girl Bib, Girl Dress, Girl tag, It’s a Girl Medallion- cut all using layers- at 4 inches
Scallop Square- 4.4 inches
Bracket cut-5.2 and 5 inches
Scallop Circle cut- 4.4 and 4.2 inches
deer image- 2.8inches (flip)
butterflies image- 2.6 inches (flip)
Nursery Rhymes
Congrats- 2.75
Martha Stewart All Occasion Cake Art
Thank you-3 inches
Scallop Border- (x4) 5.44 inches
Wild Card-
It’s a Baby Shower- 4.75 inches
Card blanks- craft supply
White Cardstock- American Crafts
Buttons/twine/sheer ribbon- craft supply
Glitter glue- Stickles
Foam tape- Glue Arts
Adhesive Pearls- KaiserCraft
Brown pen- Marvy
Deco Scissors- zigzag – Fiskars

No comments: