Monday, September 2, 2013

Sticker Technique

Jul 18 2011

Fun sticker technique

Posted by: Kristen Swain · Edit

Hiya Circlets! Today I want to share a fun technique I tried out. First of all, I think you’ve probably figured out that I’m a thrifty type of person and I dislike wasting my supplies. How many alphabet sheets do you have that you’ve used all the good letters from, and you are left with numbers and odd letters? Yes, there are different ways to use them, as a mixed media title, a resist for spray ink, or a dozen other ways. But wouldn’t you like to USE them on your project? I have added these odd letters and numbers to simple cardstock, then cut out shapes over them. You need to make sure your pressure is on max, and I have my cricut machine at a low speed, and this works best with ‘thin’ letters.

I absolutely love that the numbers and letters just add to my overall school theme. I added them to my clouds and my trees and love how fun this scene came out on my layout. You could certainly go beyond and use the numbers on the school house and bus, the grass and sun. You could even create strips of patterned paper by using more letters across a strip of cardstock.

Since my sticker letters on the clouds perfectly match the white, they almost give you the embossed impression. Yes, you could also create this look with an embossing folder, there are numbers and letters folders that would work perfectly. But we’re talking a fun technique here, using those various letters up and getting the most out of your money. You can see I popped up the single cloud and the smaller tree with foam tape, I love the dimension this gives my layout as well. The numbers and letters stand out more on my trees because they are a lighter color then the green cardstock.

Again, I added foam tape to parts of my bus, and I popped the whole bus up as well.  I love to create little scenes on my layouts with cricut cuts. If you use your Gypsy Device, you can easily see where you should focus your letters on your cricut mat, and not waste them by adding the stickers across your entire cardstock sheet. And just as one more idea, you could also try this technique using the negative image of your letters, most sticker sheets are covered with sticker material and can be peeled off in a single sheet.
I hope you will try this technique and I hope you have enjoyed my layout!!

.

Cricut Expression
Gypsy Handheld Device
Paper: Bella Blvd
Cardstock: American Crafts
Foam Tape and Perma Tac adhesive: Glue Arts
Buttons/twine: craft supply
letter stickers: Pink Paislee ( green) and Doodlebug Design ( white)
.
CARTRIDGE CUTS:
Wrap It Up Cartridge
  • cut  in red dot paper @ 7 inches
  • cut in red swirl paper @ 7 inches
  • cut and in layer in cream paper @ 7 inches
Locker Talk
  • cut in black cardstock @ 3.59 inches
  • cut in yellow cardstock @3.59 inches
Simply Charmed
  • cut in red paper @2.29 inches
  • cut shadow in yellow cardstock  @2.29 inches
  • cut 2x in yelow cardstock @ 1.82 inches
Camping Critters
  • cut in green and brown cardstock @ 7.35,  5.82, 5.24, 5.24 inches ( handcut tree truck from brown trees)
Serenade
  • cut       @ 1.59 inches, 1.35 inches, and 1.12 inches in white cardstock
Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art
cut in green paper @1.11 inches – use Gypsy to  weld into border

No comments: