Monday, September 2, 2013

Spinach Quiche

So if you've friended me on facebook, you will know that I post our dinners a lot. I am not a super gourmet, I would call myself a working cook. Even though I'm at home, I'm still working and sometimes I have that oh no what's for dinner when everyone is home and hungry. So I kind of hope that with my posts, that perhaps I"m helping a fellow working person to come up with a nice dinner. Instead of grabbing fast food or a frozen pizza. I adore my crockpot. I do try to eat less red meat, and I try to sneak veggies in- with two kids and a hubby who don't love vegs- it's hard.
So my sneaky way to add in spinach to our dinner one night ended in this yummy quiche.

I use a 10 inch pie pan. Honestly- my kids absolutely flippin loooove spinach artichoke dip so this wasn't hard to get them to eat.
Make it easy on yourself and buy premade piecrust- just slap it in the pan and add your ingredients. So easy.
For quiche I have a simple mantra- 4, 3, 1.     That's for 4 tablespoons of flour, 3 eggs and 1 cup of milk. After that, you can add what you like.
I added about 1/2 cup of spinach ( go ahead and tell them it's parsley), 1/2 pack of bacon crisped, and about 1 cup shred cheese ( whatever you like) add in some S&P too. Then whisk it together and pour into your crust.
I bake at 375 for about 25 minutes until it is set and the pie crust edges are lightly brown.
Serve with a side salad and dinner is ready.

No comments: