Monday, September 2, 2013

My favorite thing

Feb 11 2012

One of My Favorite Things

Posted by: Kristen Swain · Edit
Hey all! Kristen here with a two page layout featuring my favorite things in the whole world. My girls. Doing one of my favorite things, going on photo shoots out into the countryside.
I love getting the kids to do up their hair, add some layers of clothes together, and jumping in the car. My hubby scopes out neat settings as he delivers to some beautiful museums and historic spots for work, so he often knows beautiful spots to go to. We sometimes just look on the web for a neat spot and look it up on the GPS. Then we are off, enjoying the air, chatting and singing to music on the radio and spending a little time together. Once we’ve gotten to our spot, we’ll all get out and hike a bit to see what unique spots we can find. The girls will pose for me, and we’ll laugh and do goofy poses, along with some serious ones. Once we’re all worn out, when we get home, we pop the SD card in the gaming system and check out the photos on the TV, commenting on what our favorite places were, or something unique we saw. The last time we drove out to a photo shoot, on the way home, we saw a beautiful hot air balloon close to the ground. We followed it and got to see a gorgeous sunset landing- What a treat!!

I kept my layout on the simple side, really going to town with my Cricut by making a fun and noticeable title. I also added a camera diecut and some sweet little flowers that I have inked.
For my layout, I chose some of my favorite photos, changing them to black and white to match on my layout. I really like diecut print sheets, but this one was a bit big so I trimmed it and added it to my background cardstock, it added a lot of layer without the bulk.

I am obsessed right now with making these little flowers. I layer several flowers together, add a nice big brad to the center after I have inked the edges, then I curl the petals up and make it dimensional. I also folded the leaves and inked them, giving them that center vein. I also layered my heart, which I ended up really liking!

I love the little camera I cut out, it looked a little float-y on my layout, so I grounded it with a double green circle, and stitched around the layers to match the stitching in the papers I used.
I hope you like my layout- and that it inspires you! After all, aren’t we all a little camera crazy in pursuit of our scrapping memories! LOL!

\
\

Designed by: Kristen Swain
Cricut Machines Used:Cricut Expression, Cricut Craft Room
Cricut Cartridges Used: Cricut Font and Basic Shapes (heart, flower, outline font, stretch font, standard), Pack Your Bags (circle, camera), My Quiet Book (leaf)

Other Supplies: Cardstock (American Crafts), Patterned Paper (We R Memory Keepers), Brads (Crate Paper, GCD Studios), Punch (EK Success), Pen (Pentel), Buttons, Twine, Adhesives

No comments: