Designer: Kristen Swain
Designer Tip: I love to leave the ends after I've sewn, I think the extra threads add a homemade look to my designs, one that only looks even more shabby chic then clipping them.
Glue Arts- Extreme Adhesive Squares, Adhesive Squares
Maya Road- Canvas Banners, Chipboard banner, chipboard scalloped and small banners
Stamps and Chalkboard Spray Mist- Tattered Angels
Gems/sewing thread/twine/tulle- craft supply
crinkled ribbon- www.etsy.com/shop/scrapinkris
stars/keys- teresa collins
assorted chipboard pieces
scallop punch- eksuccess
ink- tim holtz, stazon, andirondack
chipboard letters- American Crafts
1. Spray chipboard banner pieces with Chocolate Chip Mint chalkboard mister. Let dry overnight.
2. Ink edges of canvas pieces with brown ink, then stamp butterflies with dark brown ink.
3. Sew doubled over pieces of tulle to backside of canvas pieces, ruffling with machine.
4. Squash down cardboard strips, peel off top layer, and punch strips, then use Extreme Adhesive Squares to attach to bottoms of teal tags, then stitch with machine.
5. Stamp butterflies with Staz-On onto vellum, let dry and cut out, then use Adhesive Squares to attach to tags.
6. Spray small banner pieces with Sand spray, then let dry, and stitch tops of with machine, then attach to tags with Extreme Adhesive Squares.
7. Use small strips of tulle and attach banner pieces together, then tie on small pieces of crinkled ribbon.
8. Attach various buttons, flowers, charms and chipboard pieces with Extreme Adhesive Squares to banners. Finish decorating with gems and twine.