Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Good morning! wow I can’t believe it’s November already! today I have a fun post for you, cards made with one of my favorite colors, Aqua!



I used the lovely, beautiful, gorgeous Parisian Anthology line to create my cards.
First I have to say, this line’s accent color is a teal or aqua color already, so I didn’t have far to stretch. I used a Turquoise Blue Tattered Angels Mist to paint my papers, using Darling Doilies and Beautiful Butterfly for my spray papers.



I used lots of layering, and added in some of the reverse of the papers.  I have a quick little technique to share with you as well. I love the look of sewing on my layouts, but sometimes don’t have the time or have too many layers to put through my machine. You can create realistic stitches with a black pen. Simply draw the lines like you would thread, and add dots along the line, to look like the puncture marks the needle makes. I use an American Crafts double sided marker to draw mine, since it has a smaller and a thicker pen on either side.



I also added some Tickets along my half circle, then sprayed my card again when I was finished, just to have everything have a sheen of aqua. I lightly dabbed off my spray with a napkin, so that I didn’t get any streaks or blobs.

\

The Notes made a great banner behind my circle, and cutting through the embossing on the papers is perfectly easy, it looks great in heart shapes.



You can see, I didn’t have to add a lot of embellishments to my cards, a bit of sheer ribbon, some buttons with twine and a few letter stickers for my greetings.
I loved working with this gorgeous line, I hope you will try your own cards with this beautiful color!!
kris

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! These are so pretty!!!

Chocolate Mousie said...

These are really pretty!

Pamk said...

that color really pops

MiliPea Designs said...

These are so beatiful!

Kelly Massman said...

pretty!

Jess said...

Love the dimension in these beautiful aqua cards!

ibecircled.blogspot.com said...

Very Pretty!! Love the color!!!

teestwins said...

so many ideas...so little time! Love these!

Chic said...

I love your aqua cards. They are beautifully designed. xx Chic
http://hippychiquita.blogspot.com/