Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween treats


 since it’s so close to Halloween, I wanted to share a nice gift set with you.  I used the BOO! stamp set from My Stamp Box to create this treat container, and made a matching card to gift alongside it.




I thought this would be a nice set for a teacher, or coworker, or neighbor, or for your kids if they are too old to go trick or treating!
First, the box is simply a recycled packaging I had that once held an adhesive gun ( American Crafts).  I took out the gun and the paper packaging, and had a simple plain box, which I then filled with Hershey’s  Kisses wrapped in autumn colors. At the top of the container, I have a knotted ribbon, along with twine that holds on one of the stamped circles. I simply stamped with a black ink, and then punched out a circle around it, then I added it to a dark orange cardstock- ( all cardstock is with Cordinations cardstock), I took some zigzag scissors and trimmed around the circle.


Then I used the plain circle in the set, and lightly inked the stamp- you could also completely ink the stamp, stamp off on a scrap of paper, then stamp onto the yellow cardstock to get the distressed look I achieved.  I wrapped the cardstock around only the front of the box, then added a scallop punched strip of purple. and a thin strip of green.  I stamped the Boo circle, punched that out, added it to the dark orange and trimmed with scissors as well. I also added that circle to foam tape, crumpled and ruffled a strip of cardstock, then made it into a circle, which I inked with the same black ink. I then added the white paint dots to my treat box, along with some sticker letters with the word Treats.




Finally I created this card, using the same basic ingredients, stamping the solid circle to look distressed, and then stamping the Happy Halloween and pumpkin face to the orange cardstock, punched them out and inked the edges. I foam taped them, stuck them to my card and then added these fun wiggle eyes  to the card as well.
thanks for looking at my Halloween gift set!

4 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Very fun! Love the eyeballs!

kim c said...

i SO love to recycle packaging. and you've made it look so cute, too. excellent!

Jenn K said...

Super Cute love the googly eyes!!

Pamk said...

man love those googly eyes.