Friday, July 30, 2010

Few new cards

I haven't been in much of a crafty mood this week. So much going on at home, kids, pool, pics, playing etc.. that it's been more of a chore to sit down and make anything.
But I was feeling the bug yesterday and created these 4 cards up kind of quickly while I watched a couple tv episodes online.
I won a package of Echo Park papers the other week, their new line, Life is Good, and when I went to Big Lots I found a couple packs of Martha cards and envies for $1 a pack. The colors are unusual, but the pink color matches the EP Life is Good line to perfection. Of course I had to use them to make some cards while I had the perfect match in front of me.

I created this card with strips of paper down the center. I foam taped up the green block and added a scalloped cut mat around it. I also added two houses, popping the blue one up. I then finished the card with my letter stickers from the EP pack.

I then created this square card. With strips of brown and striped papers. I punched a strip of yellow paper, then accordioned it and added the flower sticker. I handcut two leaves, and added them as well, and finished that off with a gem. I looped some twine around the card, and cut out the family block from paper.


For this hello card, I had started it with the last bit of that MM tape I showed the other day. But I added glitter glue to the flower middles.
I also added the sticker border, and put the middles around on the tape between the flowers. I added gems to the newly open spots on border strip.
I cut a block of yellow, rounding the corners of the block and the card, then added in a fussy cut foam taped flower. The letters matching the collection finish off my card.


Lastly I have this sweet card.I added a block of the yellow paper to the card. Then I added corrugated cardboard in a block, putting a strip of today is a gift border across it before I added the I miss you block. I added several small flowers with foam tape, and double looped a bow with twine.


Thanks, as always for stopping by!!
kris

3 comments:

BethW said...

My Life is Good is on the way. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jodi said...

these are just adorable!!! you are such an inspiration!

carla said...

I love your cards, i love checking out your blog....lol