Thursday, July 8, 2010

Christmas in July

I don't know if you do any kind of christmas prep early on. July is kind of that 6 month mark, letting you know, hey- Christmas will be here sooner then you think. I have a hard time thinking of it this early.


I was sorting through my things this morning, in preparation of cleaning off my desk. I had ordered this Pink Paislee Christmas cutout sheet last month and forgotten I had gotten it. So upon seeing it, decided to work up a couple quick cards for a publishing call.

I used pretty much the entire sheet on these 5 projects. What I think I loved most about it was the colors. I adore deep pink and green, red is nice, but the pink seems updated to me.

Of course, I made all this with scraps, using up some other little scraps here in my pile o' leftovers.
First is this fun lime and pink card. I used gray cardstock on the card blank, then added this piece of pink cutout (Pink Paislee cutouts sheet) I added two thin strips of Echo Park paper lime paper. The snowflake is MM- from a kit I got two years ago. I added the holiday wish sentiment ( cut from the PP sheet as well, only this one I cut out with my scallop scissors) I added a couple bobunny buttons and twine.



Next, is another card. made with pieces of the same cutout sheet.  The bird, the brocade spot and the circle cutout are all from the sheet. ( See- you don't even have to buy a bunch of patterned paper to make something fabulous!)
 I rounded the corners on the spots, then rounded the corners of my card on the right side. I added this thick ribbon knot ( this is more pink IRL- it matches the magenta color) I also trimmed more of that Echo Park lime with my scallop scissors and added that on the edge of the card. For the lettering, I popdotted the circle ( using Glue Arts 3D foamtape) and added Amer. Crafts letters.

I also created several tags with this cutout sheet.
For this tag, I first cut out the cream/pink spot, using my scallop scissors- not as scary as it sounds, simply do half cuts at the inside corners. Then I used that to measure my pink/red dot paper ( Echo park scraps) and I layered that onto some leftover Bobunny pink dot cardstock.
 I rounded the corners, added a strip of the lime green paper (Echo Park) and then added the cutout circle, again cut with scallop scissors. I popdotted the circle with my Glue Arts 3D foam tape, and cut out the small tree from the same journal spot. I popdotted that tree as well, and added the small prima flower. I also added Amer. Crafts letters for the words.


I made another tag, this one with more of a gold and red scheme.
 I used a little of that Echo Park dot pink/red paper, and added strips cut from a Pink Paislee cutout. I added some matching mustardy yellow cardstock. I then punched the brocade scrap and added that to the end of my card. I popdotted ( Glue Arts foam) the Merry Cmas part, adding that overtop of the red glitter MM snowflake. Then I handcut the tag top, punched a hole in that, and added the Bobunny ribbon, also adding in a handcut heart and small button.

I made one last tag with my Pink Paislee Cutout sheet. There was one small cutout that was gold/silver and cream, so I added that to some gray carstock, adding some small scallops punched with white cardstock, and I added a small square tag to the top. I rounded the corners on the top of the tag and gray tag. Then I added this brownish glitter snowflake. To tie the tag, I added this matching twill and tied it with a bit of twine. I added these cream prima flowers, and the book plate ( Tim Holtz) that I painted. The glitter letters are from Reminisce.


That is all I have to share right now. I hope you have enjoyed my projects, and that they inspire you to think and plan and use up, when you buy your new scrapbook goodies.
Have a fab day!
kris

4 comments:

BethW said...

All winners! Since I have all of that Pink Paislee still in my stash this is extra sweet for me. The twill tied with twine is genius! Thank you again for sharing your inspiration.

craftymom205 said...

Love the tags.

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Beautiful stuff! You've really put me in the mood for the holidays.

Danielle Flanders said...

wow, these are stunning, Kristen!