Thursday, March 11, 2010

So Easter is coming up...

Happy Day! I worked on a couple cards with some Walmart stickers. I bought these dollar 3D stickers in the Easter section the other day. I took out my scraps box, I swear the thing never empties! I found some Reminisce Easter paper, and a few scraps of Bobunny Kitchen spice paper. The blue and pink dot papers are Reminisce and the medallion swirl is BB. I added a mat to my card with the blue paper, then put cream paper as the backing on the pink medallion, adding a scallop edge with deco scissors.

I added a cream mat to the pink block, then took a strip and tore the bottom, crumpling it then adding it to the bottom of the pink block. I popped up the block on scrap chipboard, and added a little bobunny dot ribbon. I also added the pretty tulip flower and the easter word.

This card I made with more of the Reminisce paper, adding another touch of BB kitchen spice in a blue dot, I distressed the edges of the two blocks a bit, then cut out a label shape with an old plastic template- remember these? I have tons of old shape and letter templates from years ago! and it's nice to get them out and use them once in a while.
I added the shape to my card with foam tape, adding some buttons and distressing the edges. Then I added the rubon word from Colorbok- another one of my clearance finds. The sticker is from the dollar package of stickers from walmart.



I finished the card with some micro mini pearls I have had a while- think they are from Michaels.
Thanks for dropping in.
Kris

2 comments:

Melissa Mann said...

beautiful card!! thanks for the sweet comment!! looking forward to working with you too :-)

Jana Eubank said...

Cute cards, Kristen!!! So happy for you about GCD! Looking forward to seeing your designs!