Friday, March 19, 2010

A quick share

Hello! I have been sick sick sick this week. I thought I was getting a cold on Friday and by Saturday afternoon found out that it was indeed the flu! I basically slept through the whole week, trying to get well again. By yesterday, I was so ready to create, even though I was still not completely well.
I really just wanted to make lots and lots of birthday cards,
my sister Kelly and I take our cards and combine them, then twice a year we sell at a local-to-her senior center. We are coming up on our Spring show and it's time to get crackin' to create.Of course if you are anywhere near Southampton PA, give me a holler and I can give you details on the time and place.  Birthday cards sell well there, so of course, I wanted to make a bunch.

I created over 17 cards in one day! A record for me!
For all my cards, I used scraps and items from my stash box ( it's a container that I stick various stickers and such that I buy/get ) and didn't cut into any fresh sheets of paper! I do use card blanks for my cards. I guess these are mostly a standard 5x7 ish size.

Bobunny dot cardstock, K&Co paper, the diecut is Making Memories, and the ledger paper is Scenic Route, the quote block is Aroung the block, and I made the candles with rolled up papers, twine 'wick' and cut out flames.


Sweet baby card, simple but you can't see the glittery Reminisce white paper all that well. The dot cardstock is Bobunny, the tear out is MM, the baby scallop block is Anna Griffin. The felt flower is Martha Stewart. I added my button and twine bow.



This masculine card uses Bobunny dot cardstock, some Reminice dot paper, a Martha felt cupcake sticker, and a printed out greeting. I added some buttons as well, how could I resist?


This card uses Bobunny Jazmyne papers, with a little black corrugated paper and Unforgetable paper also from Bobunny. I punched then cut the flower into fringes and added the button, also fussy cutting the leaves out. The greeting is computer printed and cutout with scallop scissors.


For this card, I have to give a little credit to Dani Reid, her blog link is over in my links. I love how she added these punched edges to a card with a big ribbon, and tried it myself. 
I used bobunny dot pink cardstock, adding this Reminisce star paper on top. I used this old stash ribbon, Bobunny as well, with my twine and button topper.  Then I added this glittered cloud and two gem circle flowers all from MAMBI, adding simple stems for the flowers. I added a CI epoxy sticker for the greeting.


For this fun and bright card, I used Reminisce background, adding on Bobunny dot cardstock in a half round and a scalloped border. I used an Around the Block greeting, adding two flowers folded in half at the top and bottom. I also added on a Hambly clear sticker, and a craft supply butterfly.


I think that's enough to share today- I still have lots of cards to photograph.
And btw- sorry about the poor quality of my pics of late- my laptop just doesn't have the screen set correctly to show off my photos, and everything looked good when I was editing. I am now back on my desktop and hoping my pics are looking better.
Thanks for coming by!
kris

No comments: