Friday, January 15, 2010

Chilly Weather

Hi there! Here in Maryland it's been quite chilly this week, and I have been chilled to the bone all week. Typically I'm a bit more warm blooded than this, but I guess with these freezy temps I just couldn't layer on enough.

So I decided to keep playing with my Golly by Jolly that I had out, and sneak out a couple more cards with it. When I'm making several things, and know I will be creating in a short time. I often cut out extras of things. Such as this title. I had already put the effort into cutting it out, but hadn't used it when I made my POC creations. So it got stuck back in the bag, with the other scraps. Same goes for the houses, they were from a scrap and also so was the wave pink paper in the background.
So this card is all about using up those scraps- one of those ideas I like to promote. We're all watching what we spend- and/or shouldn't be wasting good product. So to create this card, I used a card blank- added in scraps of red cardstock, and the swirl paper, but also embossed some white cardstock with my cuttlebug for the background, some swiss dots and distressed lines. Then I added the Snowday saying, with foam tape, and this chipboard house. I cut out the houses, and added them as well. Then I took my new favorite thing this week- Crystal Glitter- got mine at Joanne's in a good sized 3 oz jar. And I glued and glittered the rooftops and along the bottoms of the houses to look like a snow coating.

Isn't this a cute card from basically scraps? Try your hand at making something from scraps.

Kris

No comments: