Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fun with quote strips

When I worked for Around the Block, they designed a lot of papers with quotes on them. I think the quotes are great and have hung onto many of the papers to use.
In cleaning a bit this week- while I am trying to get over the flu no less- I found a bunch of these in my scraps pile.

I am on a course to get organized - I realize it's one of the anal tendencies I have- I can never be organized enough, I am on an eternal search for organization perfection. I want every single thing in my office ( and my house!!) to be in it's perfect place! Of course I realize that will never happen- as my needs change as time goes by, but it will never be for lack of trying!

so having unearthed a few of these treasures- I made a couple cards while I was busy trying to rest yesterday. LOL!

LOTS of bobunny double dot cardstock on this- an around the block quote that I matted on (lime) green with my scalloped scissor edging. A bobunny dot ribbon, a crafty button and green floss bow. I added a few Reminisce rubon letters and a tiny orange gem as well. To make the sun, I simply cut strips of paper, attaching them to the large circle and glued it off center to the card, then trimmed off the excess.
Next, I had a lot of fun crafting this card. Bobunny double dot cardstock- more scraps I have in my pile- some white cardstock I embossed with swiss dots then cut clouds with my indy art cart.
I popdotted the two small ones. The greeting block is Around the Block, I added a strip of paper, and a Bobunny button. I paper pieced the two kits- simply cutting some diamond (rhombus) shapes and putting in another color then trimming the paper to fit. I added floss strings- with teeny tiny cut tails.

I am planning on some changes to my blog this week- so hopefully that will go smoothly- wish me luck!
kris

1 comment:

~dawne said...

These are fabulous Kristen...love the uniqueness of both cards. Love your previous posts too....so much talent to soak up.