Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I only post twice a week

apparently! ;p I guess with spring here and school getting ready to finish up for the year, I've just had a lot on my plate. BUT the good thing is- I have lots of stuff to share with you today.



First- would you like to win $500? Reminisce is debuting their Freedom Collection and you can win by entering your best layouts using a majority of the new Freedom Collection! You have til June 15th to get yours in!


Next I have a challenge post- no not some blog challenge, but one that my sister, Kelly, sent me.
I had borrowed her Close To My Heart stamp set- Cottage Floral- and she had these scraps left of the papers that match the stamps. So she challenged me to make as many cards as I could with them. She also sent me these terrific envelopes- so I used those to make the card, and a simple stamped notecard to go inside.

I also made two regular cards, but it was fun to use a collection I'd never played with, and I loved stamping and cutting out the flowers! I used my Colorbox stamp inks- and popdotted up all the cutout flowers. I also used one of her CTMH butterfly stamps as well.


Next I am sharing one of the layouts I did for the bobunny blog. For this layout, I used the cool tool, the FLEX ruler- I made a wave and cut it out, matching it again for the top and bottom and cutting out a second set for a layered look. I also used lots of Pet Shoppe papers and stickers. This is our kitty Sugar, she's my sweetheart.

Next is a layout for the Alissa line- ( so close to my oldest's name- think I can convince Jan Lanoy that she needs an Alizabeth line? or maybe an Annalise line? hmmm- Kris sounds like it should be full of teals, lime greens and oranges! LOL!)

This layout has my youngest with her sweet sweet cousin! I used tons of Alissa stuff on here, including stickers, borders from Alpha combo and journal cutouts as well.

And lastly, I have an enormous sweeth tooth! Do you?
I would love to feed your sweet tooth with some awesome blog candy!!
I am celebrating- 15,000 hits on my blog!!! woohooo!! I never thought that I would even come this close to having so many of you visit me. I am still a few months from my one year blogiversary, and I am amazed to see the line of faces of those of you who have taken the time to become followers of this blog- I {heart} you all!!
Thank you for coming, every day, once a week, even once in a while, to drop in and see what I've been up to! My special thanks go to everyone who has left me comments and compliments on my work.
So to win this candy- what do you need to do?
just leave me a comment somewhere on my blog before June 1! please USA residents only- international ship is too pricey for me ( if you are international and would like to leave me a comment, just let me know so I don't enter you)
thank you all so much- couldn't have come this far without you!!
here is a pic of the candy- there is a mega pack of Flair Sports paper, some colorbok papers, Reminisce rubons and stickers, some MM stickers and tearouts , Bobunny flowers and colorbok small embellies, along with a chipboard album and Oh Baby idea book.


Have a most wonderful wonderful day!
kris

22 comments:

Kelly said...

Kris, LOVE LOVE LOVE the challenge cards! You certainly outdid yourself and what a great idea to change the envies to cards with an insert! Great job- now can I have my set back????? ROTFLMAO!

AUsome mom said...

Girl! How much more could I LOVE all of these cards, envies and LO's?? All of them are just too fantabulous!!! Thanks for sharing AND thanks for the chance at some incredible candy!! :)

Morgaine said...

Congrats on your 15,000 hits! I LOVEEEE your Meow layout. Looks so much like one of my kitties too. :) I love your cards and scrapbook pages. Adorable!

- Brenda - said...

I {heart} all the cards you created with CTMH things - lovely!!! My favorite of the layouts is the Meow one, although they're both gorgeous! Good job Kris - keep up the inspiration :)

Nicole said...

WOAH! 15 GRAND! CONGRATS!!

Super cute cards and layout!

Thanks for the opportunity to win some deliciousness! :)

Our Family said...

I love it when you are on the hops because I take the chance to look at your blog. I was just browsing your blog again today to see all your cute cards and ideas again and saw that you had listed a little give away. Can I just say I wish I had even an ounce of your creativity you do such cute things. And I also want to thank you for your generousity at giving others a chance to win some fun things.

~amy~ said...

LOVE all of your cards/lo's...you are chock full of colors & details!

Thanks also for the chance at your super blog candy :)

connie said...

Love the cards and your blog.

Jennifer said...

Congrats on all the hits! I am so loving those cards.

Heidi Van Laar said...

Gorgeous creations Kristen! You did amazing things with that one set of stamps!

whoistracy said...

Oh what wonderful cards!! I love your sense of style and color. I love all of the cut-out flowers on these. Congrats on 15k hits, too. That's amazing!!

Julia said...

Kris..now don't enter me. I just wanted to post how beautiful all those cards are and how lucky I am to have such a talented gal on the BB team! Love all the recent cards you've posted! Makes me rethink about CTMH! :-)

Nicole said...

What a great RAK. I love your blog and read it everytime you post something new. You give me great inspiration.
Have a great day.
Nicole M.

Juliana said...

Love your work! I arrived here via Shanna's blog! Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration!

Jan said...

Congrats on 15,000 hits! I love your blog and visit it often - so much inspiration here. Thanks for a chance to win some fantastic candy!

Millie said...

Beautiful cards and fun to feed my sweet tooth!! Hope your Memorial Day weekend is sunny and fun!

Mel said...

I love your blog...the cards were great, love those colors. Thanks for the chance to win and the 15000 hits!

~dawne said...

What wonderful projects Kristen. I really like your cat layout...I might even lift it:)

Susan said...

I follow your blog and love everything you make - so creative! Thanks for the chance to win some goodies. It's my birthday tomorrow so it would be an awesome present if I won. :) Good luck to all!

Carla Harrah said...

You are so talented. Great work!

Christina the Sassy Scrapper :) said...

Again, I'm just blown away at your card making gift!! Thanks for the chance to win some blog candy, as if looking at your work wasn't enough of a treat!! :O)

Grace C. said...

I am always amazed with the cards you make for Card Patterns!...so talented! Congrats on 15,000 hits:)