Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Sunday

Good Sunday Morning! Today I am excited to share my Cardpatterns card with you!!



This week our sponser was The Digi Shack, and we received beautiful images to work with! I got this corner vine that I had so much fun with! I used my watercolor pencils- my favorite tool for coloring in stamps, especially digital stamps. In case you aren't familiar with digital stamps- they are an image on your computer that you can print out with your printer, resizing to your desires, and adding sentiments- like I did with my greeting. You can print these images infinately- so making multiple cards is soooo super easy! ( and they come out perfectly every time!!)

What I did was to use my photo program to resize the image to 6 inches wide, then I added a text box right up close to the stamp image. And then printed it out 2x.


I then took my water color pencils and outlined each section of the stamp - I have a water brush- the brush holds water into it and you squeeze it for more- and took the damp tip to wet the colored pencil and pull the color down into the image. Once I was done, I put a large drop of water on my table, and stuck the tip of the pencil into that. Then darkened the edges of the images again, this is how the colors are so dark and rich on the image. After I was finished with the leaves and flowers, I took a blue pencil and added the shadow to the image, grounding it to my paper. On the second image I only colored in the small sections I planned on cutting out.


I also cut out the image, and did some fussy cutting work to have the image extend beyond the white of the cardstock I printed the image on. I took a pencil and wrapped some of those extending leaves to give them a little dimension.


After everything was dry, I cut the images out of my 2nd piece and popdotted them onto the top of the first stamped image. I also did the pencil wrapping on some of the leaves to give those dimension since I didn't use the foam tape on them. I then finished the card off with some DCWV pink paper, some Bobunny Love Shack green paper, ribbon, scallop scissors, a green zigzag cut from Making Memories paper, a button, and gems.
Thanks for dropping in!
kris

8 comments:

Marie said...

This is so pretty and I love seeing the details up close!! Nicely done!!

AUsome mom said...

It's gorgeous Kristen! Thanks for the tut on the how to's also. I can't water color ANYTHING as it looks like a 1st grader did it! Beautiful job :)

~dawne said...

This is incredible Kristen. Your color work is gorgeous!!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous...your coloring is perfection!

Dorlene said...

Wow! Thanks for giving us the "how to"...Now, I'm thinking I want to do a couple of these, too. When will it end?

Fiona Yeoh said...

perfectly done card, kris! thought i'd come by to tell u that :)

Unknown said...

Wow Kristen! This is just stunningly beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is seriously stunning!!! Just gorgeous!!!