Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Just a few things to share today

thank you everyone for the well wishes- I am feeling better and have passed my stone- they are so painful tho! we are having some gorgeous springlike weather- it's up to 60 today- I am just so impatient for spring to get here- I wish winter just didn't happen here. tho with the weather- I'm starting to feel like I need to do some spring cleaning as well.
I also wanted everyone to know- I've made some deep discounts in my etsy store- if there is anything you'd liked- go check it out cause they are gonna go soon.
I am sharing this card made with the 2sketches4 you sketch- I love this little rainbow sticker from K&CO- and finally got to use it.
I added in some punched butterflies- they and the circle are embossed with my cuttlebug. I added in some DCWV cardstock and a journaling tear out from MM. I also added in some gems from around the block on my bfly. the rubon is from My Mind's Eye.



I made this sweet little card using my devine and swiss dots folders. some Bobunny cardstock, and these sweet little stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms. I double stamped the ewe and cut it out. then I added two tiny little pearls and a bow with button. go see their stamps. http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com/

This card is made for the Caardvarks challenge- to use a heart on a card. First I used some SEI paper for the striped paper, then I added on some clear acrylic that I embossed with swiss dots. then I added these two hearts cut with my cricut. The flower is from Sandylion and the ribbon is from my stash! the sticker greeting is Mrs. Grossmans!

Last to share with you today are some frames I made up for my living room. I spray painted two frames that had the stands on them, both these frames happened to be from the dollar store- but were not great looking- which I think they are now with a simple coat of black gloss spray paint! Then I added in sage cardstock, some kraft and white cardstocks. I embossed some of the papers then stamped my images with versamark ink. Then I cut them out and glued them to the centers of the paper. The larger image I used some pearls on the berries. Now I have two really pretty and simple pieces of artwork. the stamps I used were from Inkadinkado and Martha Stewart.
Thanks for dropping by today! have a wonderful day!
kris

13 comments:

~dawne said...

Wonderful projects...I my fav card is the 2Sketches card though...so fun & I love the rainbow. The frames are so nice & for $1.00? Can't beat it.

Anonymous said...

Kris, your cards and projects are FABULOUS!!!! Love them all!! All of the color combos are great, and I love that little rainbow too. I love rainbows!!!

Unknown said...

oh wow, gorgeous work Kris...
glad to hear that you're feeling better too :)

Card Patterns said...

Kris, what a jaw dropping projects!

whoistracy said...

Oooh I love your new art! What a great idea.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous projects Kristen! So glad you are feeling better!

(-: Heidi

SmilynStef said...

How fun is that embossed acrylic ... very pretty creations.

Kelly said...

2/12/09

Kristen, wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday today. Hope that your day is filled with love, joy, and happiness. Your artwork is beautiful and so are your children.

Kelly

AUsome mom said...

Great projects - all of them! My fav has to be the one with the acrylic. I never think to to that! Great stuff and I'm glad you're feeling better.

~amy~ said...

Wow...you're a busy girl...FABulous projects!!!

Peet said...

Your creations are amazing, Kristen!!! love them all

lauren bergold said...

holy moly! how do you DO SO MUCH?!? and all of it absolutely flippin' FABULOUS! of course i am bound to say the CAARDVARKS card is my very favorite...but boy it's a tough call to just pick one! :)

Chelsea Van Tol said...

Awesome post! I love the rainbow card, it's so cute.

I found your blog via scrapscene and I'm glad I did, you have such cute ideas! I have those bird stamps and some frames so maybe I will try to make something nice for my walls.