Thursday, January 22, 2009

yummmmmm

I made these delicious treats the other night. I love to bake, but I'm seriously at a point where I just feel that taking shortcuts is better for me. Less time, less mess and I get the job done. We have homemade treats to send in to the teachers and DH's work buddies on a regular basis. And no one knows that I used a cake mix for these. ( remember those Rice Krispie Treats commercials where the mom would spend 10 minutes fixing them and dust herself with flour and come out looking ragged and run down! :) LOL!)
what are these delicious looking things? well I've called them Black Bottom Cupcakes my whole life- my hubby has now notoriously dubbed them FAT bottom cupcakes! Hee hee hee.
but some people call them Black and Whites as well. They are a chocolate base with basically a chocolate chip cheese cake dollop in the middle.
yumm yummm yummmmmmmmmm!!
you can find the recipe at recipe source -http://www.recipesource.com/
for mine- I simply used Devils Food cake mix, and the cream cheese mixture.
-----CREAM-CHEESE MIXTURE-----
16 oz Cream cheese, room temp
2 Eggs
2/3 c Sugar
1/8 t Salt
12 oz Chocolate chips semi sweet
I think I would try adding 2 tblsp of white vinegar to the chocolate cake mix to give it that little tartness the chocolate cake part should have.
basically- you make the cream cheese mix, and seperately you make the cake batter. add the cake mix first into the cupcake liners, then drop in large dollops ( a big tablespoon) of the cheese mixture. Bake at 375 for about 18-25 minutes- until the cheese just barely starts to brown on the edges.
I made 24 cupcakes- but I would actually go to between 30-36 depending on how big you want them- of course the more you do- the smaller the cupcake. mine were overfull and puffed out too much in the pan.

hope you get a chance to try these!
have a wonderful day!
kris

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh these fat bottom cupcakes looks yummylicious. Thanks also for sharing the recipe. Hugs from Desire

~dawne said...

OMword...these look scrumptios. I'm planning my menu for Super Bowl & I think these will be delish. Thanks for the link & recipe!

whoistracy said...

Ohh man, you have me drooling over here! LOL Those look delicious. Yeah, like DH and I need yet another recipe to keep us inside eating instead of exercising!!

Printing it out now LOL

Jennette Warrren AKA Cinderellie on Splitcoast said...

How Fabulous do they look! Thanks for sharing this recipe!!!!!!