Monday, November 24, 2008

Blue Monday

well not just blue but light blue and green- I got hooked on the colors when I was making cards- and um- just couldn't stop making stuff with a few certain papers.
How was your weekend- we got so much stuff done around the house- some of those little projects that needed finishing. A got to go over a friends house, so lil A helped out Mommy and Daddy - it was fun hanging out with her while she helped us.
It's Kazan's sketch #14 over at 2sketches4you this week! My take includes some really bright colors! I guess I was in a funk over the gloomy weather we were having last week.
Supplies include that awesome pink paper from Bobunny- more scraps from Holiday cheer-
some paper from SEI, that awesome flower from Miss Elizabeths ( dollartree ) and a Hambly screen print block. I handcut and folded the leaves, added in some buttons with hemp bows, and some American Crafts Thickers letters. Oh and i used my trusty Martha punch for the scallops.
Next- I drug out my Anna Griffin papers again- and made up this richly colored card. Papers and rubon letters are Anna Griffin- I turn over the papers to use the kraft side as well. A tiny bit of Scenic Route graph paper and a mulberry flower with sheer fabric leaves, a hemp bow button, and some machine sewing. I also included a small tag with a Cornish Heritage Farms stamp- Kim Hughes collection-thankful. http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com/intro.php in case you wanna see the let's get stuffed set in full.


This is the beginning of the blue and green, if you want to stop here- I completely understand and won't hold it against you if you walk away now.

if you keep looking- well- I warned you. and even worse- I may not even be finished with it- cause I really like it-

are you still there?

ok- let's take a look- take a deep breath- this will only hurt for a few seconds.


spread your wings- I bought this glittery pretty butterfly stickers and am determined to use at least half of them before I let the girls have them. Scenic Route papers, martha punch, K& Co sticker, MM letters, and craft buttons and hemp.



Next is more of the Scenic Route, with some Miss Elizabeths chipboard butterflies and flower, K& Co sticker letters, MM little letters, Bobunny Ribbon and more buttons and hemp.


I gave up on cards for the day, and went to tags, look ma- more Scenic Route, more Miss E's chipboard flowers, a mulberry paper flower, another K&co butterfly and some more buttons and hemp. I used another Cornish Heritage Farms stamp,from let's get stuffed. And the twill is from Anna Griffin.
this tag is more of the same, Scenic Route, a few prima flowers, some Bobunny ribbon, some Prima bling, Miss E's chipboard ladybug, and a congrats stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms, this one from the Tag you're it set.

see- was that so bad? it was? oh.

sorry.

but- dude? - the name on the blog is SCRAPinkris- which means- somehow, somewhere I gotta make the most of the expensive products and supplies I had to have.

oh and today is my second card of the day up at scrapscene if you wannta check it out.


thanks for dropping in- and please leave me a comment if you have a moment!
kris

17 comments:

Melanie said...

These are ALL BEAUTIFUL! That Give Thanks card stopped be dead in my google scroll! :)

Heidi Van Laar said...

These are so beautiful! That blue/green color combo makes me want to skip right over winter and on to spring! You card for Kazan's sketch is a-maz-ing! Those colors would definitely chase away any gloomy weather!

Peet said...

Wow, These are all gorgeous, Kristen!!! great job!!!

rae said...

Holy cards Kristen!!! Love them ALL, I especially love your take on Kazan's sketch, YUM!!

Hanneke said...

WOW!! These are so beautiful!! Love that MS punch!!

X

Jennifer said...

I am loving this color combo! Gorgeous, all of them.

Lisette said...

I love all your creations, but I'm in love with the first one. Wow! Fantastic.

Linda said...

Wow , you've been busy. Your 2S4Y card really caught my eye in my morning blog hop....great card...it's gone to my case files for sure:0))

Sherry Wright said...

Wow, these are all amazing Kris. Love the color combo and little deatils. :0)

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow what beautifully stunning creations! I love every single one of them:)
Hugs,
Laura

Amber said...

What pretty cards Kristen! You were on a roll today! Oh and I noticed one of your fav. authors is Charlaine Harris, I'm addicted to her books right now! Don't you just love her writing?

Laurel said...

Oh, to be you for a day! Amazing creations!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, a busy bee you've been. These creations are just all gorgeous. You are so talented. Hugs from Desire

- Brenda - said...

Beautiful work! Love all of your cards and projects, and the blue is gorgeous - nothing to be ashamed or embarrased of. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Paper Boutique said...

Wow Kristen this are all awesome!

~dawne said...

These are all beautiful Kristen. Not sure I could pick a favorite...I love them all!!

debby4000 said...

Oh wow these are amazing, beautiful, beautiful cards.