Monday, September 2, 2013

Using the Imagine Machine

Aug 22 2011

Imagine Creating a Memory

Posted by: Kristen Swain · Edit

Hey, Hey Circlets! Happy Monday to you!  Kristen here with a fun 12×12 double page layout for you today! You know, I have soooo many birthday photos, and I get so burnt out on creating with them. Sometimes it’s just so hard to come up with a new creative idea using those photos, but I think I have a fun layout  idea to share with you. I used my Imagine Machine, and printed out my papers and my embellishments! All I needed were a few other things, and my layout came together quickly!  One of my favorite parts of this layout is the title, I love the diecut phrase paired with the bright thick letters, and it really makes that title pop.

I used the Imagine Yummy Art Cartridge and printed out my patterned papers, two borders, all those cupcakes and cupcake stand, plus the title and a couple flourishes too.  You can see that I used large 4×6 photos, with close up shots of my daughter, Annalise, to really stand out on the layout, even though my images are bold and large, the photos still are the first thing that catch your eye.

You can see that I layered on several strips of paper first across the layout, the green pattern, the blue pattern and the salmon solid. I also punched a scallop border in green cardstock and then I used my sewing machine to zigzag across the papers along the edges. I first placed my borders, then I added my flourishes under the photos.

I added the mats to the photos, then added the large cupcake phrase using foam tape. I layered on the cupcakes with more foam tape, doubling the tape on the smallest cupcake. Then I added my fabric chipboard letters to finish the title. Finally I came back and added the buttons, tied with twine and some with twine bows.

When I added the cupcake stand I did that after finishing the left page, then tucked it slightly under the photos, and used the rest of it on the right layout side to decide where to place my last two photos.  Often when making a double page layout I will have elements that cross both sides,  when I am finished the layout, I simply tuck the layout under my trimmer and cut through to separate the two sides.

Again on this side, I added the cupcakes with foam tape, and doubled the foam for two layers of dimension. When I printed my journaling,  I cut it into a rectangle, which I thought was plain, so I used my cloud deco scissors to trim the corners off and added some decoration to the simple rectangle.

.

Imagine Machine
Yummy Imagine Art Cartridge
  • Print out background papers- green/white/blue pattern, pink brocade, salmon solid, and blue diamond patterns
  • Print and cut out cupcake 1 ( 3 and 2.4 inches) and cupcake 2 (2.1 and 2.0 inches) and truffle-like cupcake ( 2.1 and 2.6 inches)
  • Print and cut out pink flower border (fit to page sizing)
  • Print and cut out cupcake phrase (5.6 inches)
  • Print and cut out cupcake stand  (5.7 inches)
  • Print and cut out green bow ( 2.4 inches)
  • Print and cut out white/blue flourishes (4 inches, 4 inches and 3.1 inches)
Buttons:  Doodlebug and assorted craft
Twine: Craft supply
Sewing Machine & Thread
Foam Tape: Glue Arts
Black Pen
Chipboard Letters: American Crafts ( white letters sprayed with Key Lime Spray Mist)

No comments: