Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snowy Snowy Morning

Good morning all, back again with some more cards I created this week. Last night's storm was nasty, we ended up with at least 10 inches, hard to tell with the blowing winds. The kids, of course, are off school, they haven't been in school since Monday, which they only went to make up a snow day from last week.  Really hoping that this doesn't extend the school year, but I won't get my hopes up yet.

So today, would you like to see some new cards? OK!! lol
I used some Girls Paperie as background on this, adding my fake stitching lines along it. I added this Feb. journal spot from Teresa Collins, and then matted it with some Basic Grey.
Then I printed out the flower from my Imagine- Country Carnival cart- in two sizes. I layered them on the card, adding some orangey buttons to their centers, popping up the smaller one with UCutIt foam from Glue Arts. I also added some of my light green seam binding, and two SEI glitter paper hearts.





This pretty card is a mix of both GCD papers- the blue/yellow and Scribble Scrabble paper - the aged yellow houndstooth. I cut out the journal spot with my Imagine ( preloaded shapes) and then embossed it with the Moroccan Screen folder.  I popped it up with some UCutIt and added a scrap of Pink Paislee pleated ribbon in a wavy line. I added an Amer. Crafts button with some twine, and then added the Cosmo Cricket letters, some popped up to stay the same height. I cut out the butterfly with my Imagine ( Country Carnival) and doubled it, then folded the wings up for the top one. I added glitter glue and a gem to it's center then adhered to my card.
I love the pop of black with the yellow/blue combo, such a bold color combo.


Using some more Pink Paislee and My Mind's Eye, I added the glitter stripe paper to the card, then I added the brown/blue Pink Paislee across it. I fussy cut the medallion from another paper, adding a scrap of Pink Paislee pleated ribbon across the top, and finishing with an Amer. Crafts button and some twine. I printed the greeting out on some white cardstock and ran that under the Pink Paislee, then finished with a couple lime green gems.


Come back tomorrow for my Glue Arts $50 glue gift certificate winner! 
and I will be putting up a new giveaway!

thanks for coming by!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

What gorgeous cards!

MiliPea Designs said...

I love these! I love how you mix and match both product lines and patterns so seamlessly!

flowerdisco said...

kristen kristen...i am in love with all your cards/projects...not just on this post but on the other ones too. you are so very creative and talented and everything you have done is just stunning. tfs the step by step.

Jess said...

Beautiful cards! Love the blue and yellow combo, so bold and fun!

Trisha said...

Very cute love the yellow butterfly.

Pamk said...

I am so tired of snow. We've had more this year already than we've had the last several years. Love your cards. They are beautiful.

Kristie Maynard said...

Beautiful cards! They make me thing of sunshine, must be all the yellow. Seems like so many are getting pounded with snow, sorry to hear you are too!