Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday - yuck

Good morning to my lovely blog readers. I can't believe it's Monday already- what happened to my weekend? I am still in the midst of sorting my office, Cricut has been so generous with us Circle DT girls, I ran out of room to store my carts, so I am trying a new system with them. It's taken me several hours to revamp tho, and I still have about half my carts to go.

In the meantime, I am still sticking to my guns and making more family and me time as well. Today starts a new step for me, and we'll see how that goes.

So for today, I only have a couple cards to share with you. And I hope to be back this week with at least one more post. Again, I am looking forward to offering up some nice prize packages, so please be sure to check in here.

Card #1.  I used my Imagine machine, and cut out the scalloped oval, and the bracket shape. I embossed the bracket with seeing spots embossing folder, and the oval with swiss dots folder. and I put in a piece of UCutIt foam between them. I added on a couple little buttons and this big fun butterfly I cut from the Imagine as well ( it prints the color on there too) I layered all this on some American Crafts City Park paper, then added in a little bit of Pink Paislee houndstooth. I then used some glittered foam Thickers for my greeting.


I love white on white with dimension, it's so pretty!


 Card #2. Going through my Pink Paislee box, I pulled out some of the pleated ribbon, I love this stuff, and the colors of the Bayberry Cottage are so pretty, one is lime ( HEART!!) and the other this beautiful berry color) which when I glanced at my City Park scraps and saw this balloon in felt, HAD to match with. I cut out some more of that pretty cloud paper, layered a simple plain blue paper, and a tiny strip of the colored stripe, then added on my pleated ribbon. Over that I added this Big Shotz die and Sizzix embossed plaid folder bracket shape. I added UCutIt foam ( by Glue Arts) under the clouds and the bit of bracket not under the ribbon. I added in some Pink Paislee glittered sticker- the brackets and my American Crafts fabric letters I sprayed in lime. ( Do you like that technique I shared? How many of you are going to create your own colors of letter stickers?)


I hope you like this card as much as I do!!

Have a terrific week. wish me luck on scratching off most of my to-do list!!


6 comments:

flowerdisco said...

i am running out of room for my carts too w/the exception they come from my pocket--lol.

i am not buying any for a while so i must have to hunt for candy ;p

Kristie Maynard said...

I don't have a lot of carts, but I'm continually reorganizing my 'stuff' in my crafting room. In the middle of it right now. It is a work in progress, soon I will have it done and then find a great deal on something or be given something then it will all start again! Oh well, at least I have a place to craft, right?
Love your cards, papers and colors are wonderful! That white on white is great! I love white on white!
Great job on these.

Barb Craft said...

Good luck with your organizing! Hopefully you will share your new system with us... I am always looking for new ways to store mine!
Barb :)

Sharla said...

Very cute cards, I love all the dimension and embossing! I'll have to search the tutorial for coloring letters! Sounds fun!

Jodi said...

I have out grown my current Cartridge system too! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!
Your cards are simply adorable!! I am definately using the tip on creating your own colors!! Now, I whish I had more whites!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards!!! Especially love the bottom one.. yum!