Saturday, January 22, 2011

I am finished....

my CHA design work! I have a few photos to take and one last package to ship out, but I am DONE!!! This year was less hectic then past years. I've designed and created items for several companies that will be at CHA, but one last company was making product down to the last minute, so creating for that was put off until this week. It was actually nice to have most of it done long before CHA was close, but I'm looking forward to the rest. I won't be attending CHA ( sigh ) but I will have work there. If you will be around the Imaginisce booth, the Glue Arts Booth, Sketches2Scrapbook, and the GCD Studios booth will have my work.

On to a sad topic, 2 years ago, two lovely ladies created a fun new sketch blog. It grew very popular and the ladies grew more and more busy. They have decided to close up shop, although they assured me that the sketches and the blog will stay up. Please take a moment when you can and hop over to the 2sketches4you blog to read Laura and Kazan's goodbyes and see their final sketches.
They asked the former design team members to create one more card, and here is the card I created.


I used some more of that beautiful Girls' Paperie Paper Girl line, I also added in a cut out from my Imagine machine, and embossed with swiss dots. I popped it up with Glue Arts UCutIt foam, then crumpled the flowers that I fussy cut from the paper, and popped those up as well. I added pearls and glitter to the leaves. I trimmed the block of yellow to fit the card base and matted it with the green dot and mini scallop deco scissors to create the edge. More of my faux stitching around the edge. I added a strip of the quilt block paper, then added this bit of My Minds' Eye border. I stamped the greeting and added it with UCutIt as well.
Then I finished the card with a bit of my seam binding in a lettuce color and topped with a soft pink button and twine.

Thanks for stopping in!!

5 comments:

jramsdell said...

Love your card, roses are my favorite flower.

BethW said...

It doesn't get any better than this-I adore the yellow gingham!

Kristie Maynard said...

Don't you love it that you can sit back and sigh with contentment that all those projects are done? So many people will be getting inspiration from the at CHA. One day I'm gonna get there, but it will have to be when it is much closer to Buffalo, NY. LOL!

Melissa said...

So pretty!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Pamk said...

love that pretty card. I want spring to get here.