Thursday, November 4, 2010

Some fall tags

 this month I contributed to the GCD studios newsletter, where we highlighted some fall tags that we made using our ChipArt tools and chipboard.

For this fall tag, I used the tiny little leaf and stamped it all over the left side of the tag, then I stamped the butterfly twice. I had originally painted the tag white, but I used a mix of orange and yellow sprays and allowed it to dry, then added some brown ink to the top and sides of the tag, isn't it beautifully fall colored?
 I also added in the background tag, covered in a pretty green plaid from the Artsy Urban papers collection.



 I found this old chipboard leaf I had sewn the vein in. and I misted that as well. Then I tied on some twine, added a folded flower and topped them with a fabric brad from gcd's Artsy Urban collection. I finished the tag with a bit of wide green ribbon tied on with a bit more twine.


 Next I created a halloween card.Using a tomb shaped chipboard tag I covered it with Lydia collection ( diamonds -gcd)paper,  then made an accordian with some more Lydia ( dress shirt) collection paper. I cut off the top of a chipboard tree and made it into a pumpkin. I used some letters to make his eyes and nose, then colored in his mouth and added puff paint teeth.





To finish the tag, I added a yellow ribbon, some tiny type letters and a old stash ghost button.
 


thanks for dropping by!
kris

5 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

I really love the card with the leaf and butterflies! :-)

Barb Craft said...

Both of these are fabulous!! I am really loving those butterflies!!
barb :)

LG said...

those are so pretty and fun!

BethW said...

I adore the halloween tag.I thought the idea of using half a rosette was brilliant-and I sure wouldn't have thought of it. Thanks once again for such great inspiration.

Kristie Maynard said...

These tags are just wonderful. I love working with chip board.