Maybe they planned it that way knowing the kids were back in school and chances are if you're going to tackle a sewing project...you might have a little more time on your hands.
Today I'm sharing with you a fun and easy idea (we like those!) using our Fabric Bond Adhesive. Tote bags perfect for back to school, teachers or even a library or dance bag! You can never have enough totes!
Flower Tote Bag
Designer: Kristen Swain
fabric tote bag
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro
Glue Arts Fabric Bond Adhesive
Fabric Spray Glitter
Button and thread
1. Cut fabric into 12x1 inch strips. Also cut a 1.5 inch circle from matching fabric.
2. Twist fabric strip into rope, then using craft glue, adhere in a spiral onto fabric circle, allow to dry.
1. Cut square of fabric to fit tote front, then use Glue Arts Fabric Bond Adhesive and adhere line of adhesive about 1/2 inch from edges, then fold fabric in for a finished look.
2. Adhere another line of Fabric Bond Adhesive along finished edge, and adhere to tote front. Iron over a thin cloth on top of your tote to to make a permanent bond.
3. Cut several leaves from green fabric then place flowers onto tote. I added a line of 5 flowers along the bottom of the tote, then a trio up by the handles of the tote.
4. Adhere flowers with craft glue, cut and tie a 12x1 inch strip of fabric into a bow, add button and stitch bow onto top of tote.
5. Spray the whole tote with fabric spray glitter.