Thursday, May 27, 2010

Crafty Secrets cards

Hello my lovely bloggers! I have two cards to share with you today. As I was creating some cards the other day, I have a baggie of paper embellishments. Inside are a mixed bunch of goodies, including these crafty secrets 'cards' books. I have taken them apart and they are in sheets, but each sheet has several images on it. I felt like doing something with them, but wasn't sure what esp since the designs are on the small side. So here is what I came up with .
I used a scrap of Bobunny Mamarazzi paper for the background, adding in some kraft paper and a large scallop with my ek punch. I took the vintage image and mounted it on kraft and cut around the edge with my scallop scissors, I added a second piece of the dot cardstock, and rounded the corners. I popped up my image with Glue Arts 3D dots and added a couple pieces of tan twill to each side. And of course I added my buttons with twine to top them off. I also looped a double bow with twine, and added an Anna Griffin brad to the center. if you look closely you will see the BB gem I added to the end of the word Bday.


Next, I had looked in one of my boxes and found some of these wooden laser cut flowers from Kaisercraft. I had painted it white, but I decided it needed glitter as well. I cut a round from my card blank, backing it with this Martha Stewart paper ( got it at Tues. Morning for $1.99 package of 25 sheets!) you will see more of this paper soon!. I topped the circle at the fold with a ribbon/button/twine bow. I layered on the paper with a scrap of kraft then added my crafty secrets image that I rounded the corners on.


For the flower, I added small and large glitter to the wooden diecut, then punched an embossed scallop with my new ek scallop punch. I added an Anna Griffin fabric brad and several gems to the center of the flower ( wish you could see how glittery it is.
Be back tomorrow with more cards to share.
kris

6 comments:

marianne-g said...

Can alway count on your blog for great craft projects. Thanks

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your projects, kris! great color combos and love the crafty secrets. thanks for sharing :)! have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

BethW said...

I love Crafty Secrets and have quite a bit of their products-but never can figure out what to do with it. Thanks for the great inspiration.

Christine said...

Your projects are gorgeous Kris!! You are so creative and talented.
xoxo, Christine

NinaB said...

Great projects, Kris. You have a special way of combining patterned papers.

ladybird said...

I love your projects Kris! I love Crafty Secrets also. I have purchased a few of the Crafty Secrets and I too have had a hard time figuring out just what to do with them. I never thought about using them like that. I am going to give it a go! Thanks for the idea. Have a GRRRREAT Memorial Day weekend!