Monday, April 26, 2010

Playing with scraps

We had a super nice weekend, going up to spend time with my sister Kelly's family. Kelly and I did a craft show at the senior center 2x a year and we sell off some of the cards we have accumulated throughout the year. We make a little extra spending money and have fun chatting with each other.

Before I cleaned up my desk on Friday, I made a few new cards. I was in a kraft cs and doily mood I think. You will see them on a few of these cards. I got the doilies at the craft store- very cheap and they add a fun touch to my cards.
First is this darling card I made with almost the last stickers of this K&co sticker sheet. I love it because it's super girly, with gems and glitter and pink/purples. 
I used some bobunny raspberry cs, scraps of course, with scraps of kraft cs and this bit of leftover corrugated paper I have. I added the doily but added another circle with a cut out circle of handmade paper. Then I put on some Making Memories borders, doubled up. The flowers and bug stickers are from the K&co sheet. I added in two gems over top the twine bow and I used a printed out greeting for the birthday wishes.


Next, is this fun butterfly I created, using the doilies again. For the card, I layered on scraps of kraft cs, then added an embossed white cs block- embossed using my cuttlebug and distressed lines folder. I layered on scraps of purple then this ocean mist color cut with my scallop scissors.
For the butterfly, first I scrunched a doily in the middle with twine, adding knots at the top for the antennae, then cut out a large V out of the top and bottom. I glue dotted it to my purple cs, cutting that out to match the doily with my straight and scallop scissors. I then add two more parts of the doily- from the cut out pieces, cutting off most of the white solid part of the doily and glue dotting them on. Then I topped it with this purple button. To finish the card, I added this My Mind's Eye journal spot, some twine for a bow, glitter letter stickers from Amer. Crafts and three small Prima flowers.


About 6 months ago- Kelly gave me these K&co chipboard fruits stickers, and I have used them on and off. As I like to show, I try to use almost all the stickers on a sheet ( if I really like them) and we all want to be frugal with our scrapping supplies. So I started off with this Reminisce journal card, adding in teal and kraft cs to match. I added my doily behind the journal spot, and layered over another scrap of that corrugated paper.
Then I added my twine with bow, and these cute glittered berry chipboards. I also added the yellow heart to compliment the yellow stem and added the yellow  Prima  flowers as well. I added a small gem on the heart as well. The greeting is a sticker from colorbok.


Next, I was playing with my Tim Holtz grungeboard that I had painted a couple weekends ago. I liked this double swirl and thought it was kinda goth looking. So I added some Bobunny black, purple and orange dot paper along with kraft cs. I used another diecut edge to get my scallops on the orange cs, and I added this bobunny sticker border on top of it. Then I added the bobunny skull sticker, adding gems to it's eyes, both gems are different colors of lavender. I added my prima flowers to the center of the swirl, and the greeting spooky in Amer. Crafts glitter letters on the top. I finished my card with a purple button and black twine.


I hope you have enjoyed my scraptastic cards, hopefully you are looking at your scraps pile in  a new light!
have a great day!
kris

1 comment:

Jamie said...

these cards are great! My favorite is the lady bug one :)

I've been really trying to use up my scraps too. It can be pretty challenging