Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A new layout

I am currently on a layout spree with older photos. My printer has been acting up- so printing right now is not working out. A couple weeks ago, I went through all my old pics- and pulled out a bunch to scrap. I also had so many duplicates, that I bought both girls photo albums and we filled an album for each. Now they have their own photo albums to have in their rooms, plus all the scrapbooks they can look through whenever they want. It just seemed such a waste to toss all these extra photos, esp since I'm not going to scrap every single one.
I got out my Pink Paislee for this layout- the papers are all PP except for the plain pink cardstock.

I love that diecut edge, that's one of the great things about those diecut papers- if you cut the edge off, you have 4 great edges to use, plus the inside paper. More bang for your buck!
plus I love that it looks like a crown, so using it like I did at the top of the paper - makes you think she's a princess! LOL!
I used a dark blackish gray paper for the background, then added the black swirl on top leaving a border at the top and bottom. I added that great diecut edge to the top, then I added the pink cardstock to the middle-ish part of the layout. I cut about a 2 inch strip of green and put that at the top of the pink. Then I tore the one edge of a green swirl, crumpled it and placed it just at the bottom edge of the pink cs. Love the dimension it gave. I could have ruffled it and made it look like fabric.


Then I put my main photo on a puffy paper - it's actually the insert from a box of chocolates- you know that kind of foamy crinkly paper? I tore the top layer off it and it has a really cool texture, then I cut it with my mini scallop scissors. I also matted my smaller pic on green, and added them to the layout.

The chipboard flowers are Magistical Memories, I painted them first, then after they were dry, I used markers to color them. I also added a houndstooth print inside the diecut flower. To finish them, I added glitter to the tulip stamen's, and to the flower petals.

For the title, I used a Pink Paislee flip notes, and old stash Bobunny letters. I also added a fussy cut swirl from the black print paper. And I stamped a couple Inkadinkado butterflies, fussy cut them out and glittered them, before adding them to my layout. Added my journaling and was done.
thanks for coming by today!
kris

2 comments:

MrsETaylor said...

Kristen, this Layout is absolutely stunning. i love those PP papers

Kelly said...

BEAUTIFUL!!