Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday morning

Happy Monday you all! today I am sad to say is my last card for the winter term at 2sketches4you. I have had such a blast and am so blessed to have made new friends as part of this team. I love the sketches by the talented Kazan and Laura and will certainly continue to pop in to play along. I'm excited for them as well to see who the new DT will be.
today my final sketch is done with these cool printable designs from the Cutting Cafe. Regina had offered up these adorable cupcake designs. I tell you I had so much fun making this card!
of course these stash papers from KI Memories also helped- they are so bright and cheery!
I have to give a shout out to Heidi Van Laar- http://vanlaardesigns.blogspot.com/
she did a card with a rosette last week and I loved how it looked, so she inspired the rosette on my card. I printed out the designs onto patterned paper, then paper pieced them together. I used a bit of bobunny ribbon there and also a couple gems and stickers from MAMBI. ( the cherry has a red gem on it) and I also used my Martha punch for the scalloped border.


thanks for dropping by today! i hope to have some new things to share tomorrow. I'm going to play with my new Cuttlebug machine! let the fun begin!

have a wonderful day!

kris

18 comments:

~dawne said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!! It's bright, fun & super cute.

Unknown said...

This card is amazing Kristen! The colors are so bright and beautiful and, of course, I love the rosette! (thanks for the shout out btw (-: )

I had so much fun being on the DT with you! You can bet I'll be a regular here to see all of your amazing creations!

(-: Heidi

Peet said...

Such a fabulous card, Kristen!! Love it...the colors are wonderful.

see/read you soon!
Hugs,
Peet

Ann said...

Yumm-y! I love the bright, fun colors!

Regina Easter said...

if this card doesn't brighten ones day, i don't know what will...the colors are fab........awesome...thanks so much..hugs

Desire Fourie said...

Kristen this is beautiful and so true to your bright and happy style. Hugs from Desire

whoistracy said...

So bright and fun! Yumm!!

Laura Davis said...

Awww thank you Kristen, love ya!
Laura

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Your cads is gorgeous, Kristen!!
I had such a wonderfu time being on the DT with you!

xoxo

Katie said...

This card is WAY cute! I loved Heidi's rosette last week too and now I love your's :) I have no idea how to do one...maybe (pretty please) you could do a little tutorial?!

Hugs,
Katie

Jennifer said...

Wow! Stunning card...love the bright, cheerful colors and the rosette. Love it!

Unknown said...

FABulous card Kristen, you absolutely ROCK bold & bright, totally amazing work, as always!!
It was a pleasure working alongside you on this DT, I do hope that our paths cross again in the future!
((hugs))!!
~Rae

Savitri said...

This is gorgeous!! So colorful. LOVE it! Will miss you as one of the 2s4y DT!!!

Frida said...

Gorgeous card, gorgeous colours
Just gorgeous everything !!

Ingrid said...

Your card is gorgeous, Kristen. Great colors and design, and soooo yummy. ;-)

Sonya said...

Just popping in to say Hi Kristen and to say that your work is absolutely wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this card is fabulous!! Love the bright colors and the LO is great!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are so beautiful, they are so inspiring, thank you for sharing