Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rainy Thursday

Happy Thursday- we are having a storm system sit here- it was raining all day yesterday and now again today. Kinda hope it ends soon, I have some running around to do and I don't feel like getting soaked while doing it. Better rain then snow tho!
I have been purging my office this week- like I didn't have enough to do- I decided to try to reorganize it to make it easier to use things- I have lots of stuff I just don't pull out to play with enough. I'm also finding lots of fun stuff I had tucked away- and of course right when I have my table stacked full of stuff-threatening to topple- I feel the overwhelming urge to create! or perhaps it was the overwhelming urge to stop dealing with my plethora of stuff and hide from it.
ehh- I'll go with the first one! LOL!
I found some awesomely cute Doodlebug stickers and tags, and made these cute wraps for some candy I wanted to give the teachers.
Now I don't have pics of the process- but I assure you- they were so simple to make!
I simply picked out my materials- Bobunny cardstock and ribbons, WRMK eyelets ( i used the cropadile tool to punch and set the eyelets) Bobunny paper- from the sweetie pie line, Doodlebug stickers and chipboard, and some buttons and twine, and a few brads.

I used some treat bags I bought at the craft store- folded them over and stapled them- because they were wayyyy too long for my treats-
the treats- are Junior Mints Deluxe mints- they are shaped like chocolate covered cherries- but basically are whopper junior mints-
"Who's gonna turn down a Junior Mint? It's chocolate, it's
peppermint-- it's *delicious*!"
name that show!

Now for the instructions-
cut a 11.5x4 piece of cardstock, measure from bottom, and mark at 4.5 and 6 inches, then again, mark at 10.5 inches. These will be your scored lines- go ahead and score them. I used my Scor- It tool and it was great, so easy. Fold your two lines- the ones at 4.5 and 6 inches, those will be the bottom of the wrap. The top fold is the flap- glue that down or leave it open- up to you.
You can also put in your eyelet at this point- then you can thread your ribbon through it.
now decorate it- soo simple.



I also worked on Heidi's bonus sketch at 2sketches4 you this week. Here is my take on her sketch- I veered off somewhere in the middle, but it was a great sketch- I guess I got distracted. Paper is Crate Paper and Scenic Route, tear out is Making Memories, ribbon is Anna Griffin and Bobunny, bird is Martha Stewart, letters are MAMBI and MM.

I also made this card this week, wanted to do something bright and fun- sorry for the lousy dim pics - it's cloudy here. SEI paper, some Hambly prints acetate, Queen and Co. felt, bobunny and MM letters, bobunny ribbon . My usual button and hemp. I added gems to the flowers which I really like that look.
thanks for stopping by- wish me luck in getting most of my mess cleaned up by tomorrow!
have a great day!
kris

11 comments:

~dawne said...

What fabulous treat bags & cards. I love how you used the felt...I have some & have the hardest time using it!!

Unknown said...

wow these are gorgeous Kristen - you know I love your style ;)
Hugs
K

Hanneke van der Linde said...

This is stunning, Kristen!! Love tese gift bags and your cards are beautiful!!

Hugs, Hanneke

Unknown said...

Gorgeous creations Kristen! I love you treat bags...they are just too cute! And I love how you turned my sketch on it's side! It turned out so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The red paper on your creations is just outstanding! LOVE Bo-Bunny!!! And so those mints are GOOD? I have seen them and wondered and now I will be on a hunt for some to try! And you so rocked that pink bird! LOVE what you did on that card.

Unknown said...

Everything is so cheery!!! I love the color combinations! Inspiring!

Unknown said...

Ok, those treat wraps are just darling, soo, soooo cute!!!
And your cards.. stunning, of course ;)

Peet said...

wow the are all gorgeous, Kristen!!!!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Wow, Kristen, these are fabulous! I love the gift bags. Your two cards are gorgeous. Love the softness on the first one and the colors on the second are amazing. We've had the same rain system as you. (I think we are pretty near each other...). Isn't it awful???

**Nancy** said...

wow! gorgeous stuff!!! I love the treat bags!!! They are just way too cute!!!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Couldn't find your email, Kristen, so I thought I'd respond here. We're neighbors!!!! I'm in Hockessin, DE. :) My email is fnaomalley@comcast.net. It would be so fun to meet in Newark for lunch. I work on campus 3 days a week.