Monday, November 3, 2008

schweet news!

I get to announce that I was chosen among 5 other fantabulous designers, to be one of the Winter Team at 2sketches4you! The other ladies- Hanneke, Rae, Katie, Peet, and Heidi- are just the most talented group! I can't believe I get to create along with them, it's going to be an exciting three months! Here are my cards I created for my DT submission- that the fabulous and sweet Kazan and Laura apparently liked enough to pick me!
supplies for the bird card are- Bobunny paper, martha stewart punch and bird stamp ( I inked with staz on- then watercolor penciled and drug out the colors with a water brush) , prima flowers, those fab. michaels pearls, a simple rubon from MME, and an american crafts ribbon.
I really like how this turned out- not as dimensional as I typically make- but still had a lot of depth feeling.

Now this card- I have always loved when anyone made a shape with their primas- but I shied away from it- so I didn't do something someone else had just done. So here is mine- finally a couple years later, but I really like how this turned out, esp with the 800 half pearls on it. I used some Scenic Route paper and martha punch. the LOVE is punched from a SR diecuts page. Hugs and Kisses is from an Art Warehouse rubon book, and ribbon and twine are craft supplies.


thanks and have a great night!

kris

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Kristen! These and all the cards you make are absolutely gorgeous. Not at all hard to see why you were picked for the DT. I am truly looking forward to working alongside you for the next three months.
-Heidi

Laura Davis said...

We are so excited to have you at 2S4Y Kristen!
Hugs,
laura

~dawne said...

CONGRATS Kristen!! I was so excited to see your name....love your work!!

carolann said...

Brilliant cards the images is fantastic
the colours you have used
look so fab well done hun xxxx

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Congrats to you too!!
I'm looking forward to work with you and the other girls!

Mrs J said...

Congratulations Kristen on making the 2S4U design team! Very well deserved as your cards are stunning!

Mrs J x

Ann said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see what you inspire us with over the next three months! :D

BTW, your bird card--divine!



p.s. I'm giving away blog candy if you're interested.

Unknown said...

whooo hooo - your work is gorgeous and we are so excited to have you on our team - Congrats & big Hugs to you from us :)

Terria said...

Congratulations Kristen! Your Cards are very pretty. I look forward to see the new team creations :)